Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My TU Jumped to 754 Whoo hoo!

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My TU Jumped to 754 Whoo hoo!

So there was an auto loan that was 30 days late in 2006, and it was traded in and paid off...  Ever since then its been reported at Current Status: Payment 30-60 days..

Well, today I checked TU and the tradeline has completed fallen off !!!  Therefore my FAKO is now 776 and my FICO is now 754...

Whoo hoo!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: My TU Jumped to 754 Whoo hoo!

Congrats!!!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Message 3 of 15
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Awesome!!!!

*8/10/13
Message 4 of 15
brikays
Regular Contributor

Congrats.!!!!
~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 5 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I almost got a little teary eyed this morning when I realized that I finally have one report that is totally clean.  No baddies.

This is the culmination of 7 years of hard work on rebuilding my credit...  it started in 2006 when I first pulled my credit reports.  At that time my FAKO scores were <400.

The first step was to pay off all accounts in full that I had gotten behind on. After that, I started making good will phone calls to each of the creditors asking them about the late reporting and explaining that I had been in an abusive relationship which I was finally out of (best decision ever) and that I had had to move suddenly and didn't receive any of the bills and didn't know about the balances (the balances were created by my ex-husband and I wasn't allowed to get the mail back then).

Unfortunately I was responsible for the bills on these accounts because the old accounts were all in my name...

The good thing about those phone calls was that the persons that I talked to on the phone could see that I hadn't gotten my mail during those time periods and were willing to make GW adjustments to my account... especially since everything was all paid in full.

I think if utilization was lower right now then I'd be a "myFICO High Acheiver"

Right now I'm carrying a balance at 0% on my NFCU card, which is putting my utilization around 27%

The thing hurting my report are:  New accounts, Number of Accounts with balances

I didn't PIF this month before statement cut because last month I had a 0 balance on Discover and it didn't update on my report to show my new CL..  I wanted to show some balance history on my accounts so that it would look like I was using them.  I'm not applying for new credit so this isn't  a big deal IMO

I think I'm going to PIF all balances before statement cuts and pay down my util % to see what kind of a boost that will give me. 

I also have only 2 inquiries on TU, one of which will stop hurting me on May 10.

I have 3 new accounts in the last 1 year:  New Auto Loan,  New Mortgage (was a refi of a previous mortgage to drop my rate down to 3.75% from 6.125% on that mortgage),  NavCheck opened in September 2012

FICO 9:

Message 6 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

The things helping my score are:

1.  You have no missed payments on your credit accounts.

2. You have an established credit history:

Your oldest account was opened 13 years 8 months ago

The average age of your accounts is 5 years

3.  You have an established revolving credit history:

Your first revolving account was opened
13 Years, 4 Months ago 

If I stick with my gardening plan... of paying off balances and no opening any new accounts...  Then

Your simulated FICO® score would be in the following range:

784 – 824

FICO 9:

Message 7 of 15
nicefa
Established Member

That is awesome! congrats!

myFICO as of 03/15/13: Transunion (610) & 04/17/13: Equifax (645) FICO from FCCU (credit union) as of 04/15/13: Experian 662
Message 8 of 15
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats gr8 accomplishments keep up the good workSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
jmc912
Valued Member

Yay!! Good for you... That's great! My husbands credit is really bad right now due to a similar situation (couldn't get his mail during his divorce, therefore didn't know about the bills)... so this is some great motivation for me. It is possible to bounce back. Awesome job!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.