Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first PFD attempt - HELP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first PFD attempt - HELP

ok I have a medical bill from doctors appointments from 2004-2006. What I owe is the difference between what my insurance paid and the bill. The collection agency is reporting on Experian only. I called the OC - I no longer go to that medical practice and asked for a detailed itemization they gave me the number of the CA. I then called the CA and asked for verification. I did have an old bill from my OC . It included dates and amounts. It totaled about $78. I was working with my insurance company  but not diligently enough as this moved to collection. Anyway, I got the validation and the dates are not matching up at all between what they sent and the last bill I got from the OC. And the amounts are not matching up either. You would think whatever info the OC passed on to the CA would be the same format as bills I have recieved. The CA is asking for $300 on something that I know was originally $78. I know fees are built in etc. What would be my best way to go about a PFD ? I already got the "validation" . Do I need to verify who the owner of this account is ? The OC did forward me to the CA does that mean the CA is now the owner. I am willing to pay the $300 for a definite pfd and no reinsertion. What is the best way to go about this ???? The CA is showing on my credit report not the OC

Message Edited by Tracy727 on 04-07-2008 09:32 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My first PFD attempt - HELP

Any type of billing statment MUST come from the OC!!!!!   Did they send you anything with your signiture on it?   They do not have to BUT  they can not type a bill out on their PC and call that validation!!!!

send another letter

requested validation of this debt, and you have not provided me with anything bearing my signature. You have perhaps shown some evidence of a debt, but I see nothing showing that this debt belongs to me. Either validate that this debt belongs to me or I will retain a lawyer and sue as you are now in violation of §809(b) FDCPA."
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.