Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfico vs CK lag time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Myfico vs CK lag time

Hey everyone -

So I had an account go into collections. I paid it in full, and within a week my CK score jumped back up passed where it was before the collection happened. That was 4/28. It is now 5/22 and all three myfico scores haven’t moved, even though it shows collection paid in full. Is it normal to have this much lag time in the true FICO Scores going back up? I know CK is not accurate, but it does reflect changes that fico shows, and I am hoping this is just a long lag time until the true FICO Scores update back up. Anyone else experience this?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Myfico vs CK lag time

CK reports update weekly, where I believe MF reports update monthly at best, even every 3 months depending on the membership.  I would look into the terms of your membership with MF in order to determine when you'll see your next upate.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I’ve actually paid for new scores/reports in my fico a few times since the CK update and the scores have not jumped. There’s an 80 point difference between them.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a huge fan of Credit Check Total $1 trial memberships.  I've probably done 50 of them at this point.  If you want your 3 FICO 8 scores today, go ahead and do a $1 CCT trial membership.  Cancel it within 7 days and you'll only be charged that buck.  This way you'll get your updated FICO 8 scores now, rather than having to wait for a MF update.

Message 4 of 6
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Not sure if its just my subscription level, but myfico fico 8 scores update whenever there is a change. Since you are comparing CK to MF, you do understand CK is Vantage 3.0 and not fico, so they are not the same. I have a huge difference between my fico scores and Vantage where the Vantage is much higher, but its only the Fico ones that count for lenders. 

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dynamicvb

Not sure if its just my subscription level, but myfico fico 8 scores update whenever there is a change. 

This isn't 100% correct.  You receive MF alerts any time there is an alertable event and at that time you're provided with a new score.  It's completely possible that you may receive no score change at all due to an alertable event and it's equally possible that your score can change (even significantly) and you may not receive an alert for the event that caused it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.