cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU deleting inquiries without being asked?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU deleting inquiries without being asked?

I logged into Credit Karma today, and on my Transunion, it says, "Since your last update, 4 inquiries have been removed from your credit report" then it shows 4 Navy inquiries dated April 19 that have been removed.  They were from me applying for a Navy card, CLOC and joining.  I never asked for them to be removed.  Is it just that Transunion is being nice and combining multiple inquiries made same day by one lender?

Credit Check Total pulled my transunion today too and still shows them.  They are still on Equifax on Credit Karma.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU deleting inquiries without being asked?

@Anonymous wrote:

I logged into Credit Karma today, and on my Transunion, it says, "Since your last update, 4 inquiries have been removed from your credit report" then it shows 4 Navy inquiries dated April 19 that have been removed.  They were from me applying for a Navy card, CLOC and joining.  I never asked for them to be removed.  Is it just that Transunion is being nice and combining multiple inquiries made same day by one lender?

Credit Check Total pulled my transunion today too and still shows them.  They are still on Equifax on Credit Karma.

NFCU didn't remove the inquiries.  This is a well known glitch with CK and TransUnion.  The inquiries will return

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

UGH.  Ok, thank you.  What a bummer.

Message 3 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yep they will be back. They always come back. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 11
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

LOL sorry OP but the replies are funny as hell Smiley Very Happy

Reminds me of the show "I almost got away with it" on ID channel Smiley LOL

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DoroLucky wrote:

Yeah I was pretty excited at first.  In the back of my head, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the credit bureaus are supposed to combine multiple inquiries from the same lender on the same day.  But vague rememberances in the back of my head are not to be trusted.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

Yes, yes they do Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 11
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

so very, very true Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 11
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DoroLucky wrote:

Yeah I was pretty excited at first.  In the back of my head, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the credit bureaus are supposed to combine multiple inquiries from the same lender on the same day.  But vague rememberances in the back of my head are not to be trusted.

I think it's more like multiple INQ's from like a car or mortgage loan within a certin time period. 

Sorry CK got your hopes up. They've done it to me. Deleted an account (one that I didn't mind gone because of LATE pay) and only to bring it right back the very next updateSmiley MadSmiley Mad

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

NFCU didn't remove the inquiries.  This is a well known glitch with CK and TransUnion.  The inquiries will return

This would be it

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.