Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Grid issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

National Grid issue

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are trying to purchase a home. We noticed a national grid collection on her report. It was her mom that used her name and social for services. We filed a police report and did a letter of responsibility so her mom may take on the debt. We filed a dispute with national grid with paperwork and sending that info over, haven't heard from them yet. We went and filed a dispute through the credit bureau and got a response within 12 hours saying the debt is valid. Which we included the police report and letter of responsibility. What else can we do to have it removed?

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Boss2Boss
New Contributor

Re: National Grid issue

I would file a handwritten dispute by certified mail and attach your proof so that a person will actually review it.
Message 2 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi OP and welcome to myFICO

It’s now time to file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Here is the link https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once I file a dispute, will that remove it from her her report?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.