Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Offers?

So, NFCU has been offering me car loans, student loan consolidation, IRAs, etc.  Today, they updated my credit score -- which has shot up over 50 points since their last pull -- and here's the awesome offer they've made me:

"Easily Locate a Navy Federal Branch or ATM!" (Edit: I did get the 0% BT offer, but that disappeared within a day...Whut?)

Smiley Indifferent

Is this ... something they do a lot?  Or are they still reviewing me?  Nothing negative has popped up on my credit report.  In fact, I have several new positives.  What gives, Navy?!  Not you, obviously! :-P  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Offers?

Many of us got emailed offers of a 0% BT.  Some got offer of 1.99%.  Check your email, including your junk folder.  You could call NFCU directly and ask about the offers that may be available to you.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not a NFCU expert but just because your score has went up doesn't equate to more or better offers.  Some people recently got the 1.99% BT offer and some were targeted for the 0% offer.  Why were these people targeted?  I have no clue.  Look at the positive side of this, at least you can find an ATM now without driving around random streets. 

Message 3 of 12
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

My NFCU offers change every time I log in.. Pickles.gif

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rbentley wrote:

Many of us got emailed offers of a 0% BT.  Some got offer of 1.99%.  Check your email, including your junk folder.  You could call NFCU directly and ask about the offers that may be available to you.

Oh, right, I did get the 0% BT offer, but I don't carry balances, so it's not necessary.  That one disappeared, as well.  Urgh.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not a NFCU expert but just because your score has went up doesn't equate to more or better offers.  Some people recently got the 1.99% BT offer and some were targeted for the 0% offer.  Why were these people targeted?  I have no clue.  Look at the positive side of this, at least you can find an ATM now without driving around random streets. 

True, and I realize they have their own internal scoring, but it's very odd that my credit profile improved in every way, yet the offers they made me before that improvement are no longer offered... I dunno.  I'm not really shopping for credit at the moment, so it's whatever.  Just found it odd/humorous that finding a branch or ATM is considered an offer.  :-P  To wit:  Every 7/11 ATM is for Navy kids, and I have three branches within 30 miles drive.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

Oh yeah?  Well ... Well ... You know what?  I bet YOU didn't get an offer to easily locate a branch or ATM!  :-P  

Message 7 of 12
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

Oh yeah?  Well ... Well ... You know what?  I bet YOU didn't get an offer to easily locate a branch or ATM!  :-P  

lol sign & smiley.gif

Nope you're right! DRAT! Maybe next time..

I got the 0% BT, a couple IRA bonuses and.... Real Estate agent matching! WOOT

Last week I had the Flagship but I have 2 cards & that's enough. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, all mine says is "We are sorry your personal offers are temporarily unavailable at this time. Please check back later."  Not sure if that's better or worse.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm, all mine says is "We are sorry your personal offers are temporarily unavailable at this time. Please check back later."  Not sure if that's better or worse.

Oh, yeah, that happens to everyone all the time.  Doesn't mean anything at all.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.