Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Cap1 Card Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Cap1 Card Reporting

I got a secured Cap1 card last month.  First statement closed on March 8, first payment due April 5th.  I have already met the minimum payment so am just going to pay my balance down to $10 before the statement closes again, but I have yet to see this card show up on my CR.  It is the first revovlver we are adding so hoping for a rather nice little bump in score and getting soooo impatient!  Will it not report until after the 2nd statement closes when a payment has been made (since we have technically not had a payment due date come and go yet)?  Just trying to set my expectations of any day vs. 3 more weeks of waiting!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: New Cap1 Card Reporting

Cap1 will report either 1st or 2nd statement. For me, it was 2nd. 

Seeing how your statement date was 2 weeks ago, you can expect it to report next month. 

Message 2 of 5
kiea
Frequent Contributor

It will probably report a few days after April 5th since that is when your first payment is actually due.  

I just received my QS1 card.  My first payment is not due until May 2 so it doesn't look like they will be reporting until May.  

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 3 of 5
hernaemm90
New Contributor

When I got my Capital One card (I got a Capital One Platnium) I called and asked when they would start reporting. The CSR told me that they would start reporting after my first cycle closes. A cycle ends on your due date; You said your first statement closed March 8th and your due date is April 5th so your cycle ends on April 5th. Like user Kiea said, Capital one will start reporting after April 5th.

Message 4 of 5
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

It can be, not until after your second statement cuts. That is the way it did with me and quite a few others around on the forum too.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.