Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Chargeoff

tag
AWill71i
Valued Member

Nordstrom Chargeoff

I have a Nordstrom chargeoff on my credit report for all three bureaus. I disputed them because on my Experian credit report and Transunion credit report the months that shows I was first 30 days past due are different. It shows 30 days past due in May while Transunion shows it past due in June. I disputed the inaccuracy and Experian came back with the dispute saying Nordstrom is saying they reported accurately. What should be the next step I take?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Nordstrom Chargeoff

Disputing a legitimate debt will only hurt your score when it updates. In this case, even if they corrected the date all it would do is extend or shorten the time it's on your reports respectively by 1 month while dinging your scores for a recently reported derogatory. If you want it corrected, reach out to the reporter to have it fixed. If your goal was to get it removed due to inaccuracy, that doesn't happen as often as people make it seem. Typically there would need to be a chain of change in ownership where there's a high likelihood that proof of debt is not available or it's a company that is not likely to update. In the case of OCs, they almost always respond.

Message 2 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@AWill71i wrote:

I have a Nordstrom chargeoff on my credit report for all three bureaus. I disputed them because on my Experian credit report and Transunion credit report the months that shows I was first 30 days past due are different. It shows 30 days past due in May while Transunion shows it past due in June. I disputed the inaccuracy and Experian came back with the dispute saying Nordstrom is saying they reported accurately. What should be the next step I take?

How old is your CO. Are they willing to make a settlement on the CO. Did they assign to a CA?

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

When you get down to it. The 30 day you were questioning isnt the main problem. The status of CO is whats hurting the most. Time to work out a settlement or PIF. Once thats completed then it will quit updating. The balance will reflect $0 and that wont count any longer against your util %'s. Then in time it will fall off.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.