Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting Alerts Need Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not Getting Alerts Need Help

I re-activated my subscription earlier this month.  I am no longer receiving text alerts regarding balance increases/decrease etc. I have sent the request to get text messages twice and sent the confirmation code back as requested.  Does anyone know why I would stop getting alerts? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not Getting Alerts Need Help

You only get alerts when things change on your reports.  Since you subscribed, has anything else changed on your reports that you haven't received an alaert for?  If your reports are the same since you signed up, you won't get any alert.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have made monthly payments so balance should have decreased.  I used to get alerts if my balances went or down.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have made monthly payments so balance should have decreased.  I used to get alerts if my balances went or down.

Perhaps, you creditors have not yet updated your reports? Have you checked to see when your statement cycle closes?

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

myFICO alerts and updates are an extremely common topic.  Don't overlook existing discussions as a resource.  

myFICO is a trigger based service.  It does not update on a fixed schedule.  An activity that is a trigger must take place on a report in order for an update/alert to occur.  Make sure you understand what is and what is not a trigger.

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/~/understanding-what-triggers-fico%C2%AE-3-bu...

@Anonymous wrote:

When do your accounts report?  Balances aren't reported immediately to the CRA's.  Even after a creditor reports it can take the CRA's several business days to update.

If they have reported and at least 3-5 business days have passed since they reported then were the balance changes significant enough to trigger an update/alert?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.