Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not feeling you Experian!

tag
egaithe
Regular Contributor

Not feeling you Experian!

I disputed a small collections and  EX showed that it was recently added! How can that be the case if I was able to dispute it? Score dropped 15 points! Pissed. Smiley Mad

EQ-660, TU-687, EX-646
Goal: 750s in all
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Not feeling you Experian!

You saying that after the dispute, it showed a new recent updated date for this collection?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

That's a potential pitfall with disputes.  In some cases the item will update and have a negative scoring impact.  Not unique to EX.  Carefully research in Rebuilding before taking action on derogs.

Message 3 of 7
egaithe
Regular Contributor

Not as an update, a newly added collections!
EQ-660, TU-687, EX-646
Message 4 of 7
egaithe
Regular Contributor

but how can it show that it's "newly been added" when it's already on my credit report?

@takeshi74 wrote:

That's a potential pitfall with disputes.  In some cases the item will update and have a negative scoring impact.  Not unique to EX.  Carefully research in Rebuilding before taking action on derogs.

EQ-660, TU-687, EX-646
Message 5 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@egaithe wrote:

but how can it show that it's "newly been added" when it's already on my credit report?

@takeshi74 wrote:

Because it's catching the tradeline status and for some reason interpreting it as a new collection; or it's triggering off the DOLA (which would be wierd for a monitoring solution) but either way the tradeline updated enough compared to the old one that it looks "new" in the interface.

That said Take is correct, collections being updated either via paying them or via dispute can do unfortunate things under the FICO algorithm, and damned if I know why and why that wasn't fixed a long time ago as it should simply be calculating off the reported DOFD (which will be the collection file date if one wasn't furnished by the CA).

        
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I had some positve tradelines update.  Just weird since they're not new at all.  Just a slight change and they remove and update them and add as a new account.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.