Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC and CA

tag
Alpha800
Established Member

OC and CA

I have CC account from a OC that is scheduled to fall off my CR in Feb. The OC sold the account to a CA in 2011. I read on my TU that the CA account is schedule to fall off in Aug. Is this accurate or should both fall off at the same time?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: OC and CA

They should fall off relatively close to each other.  Though the DoFD is supposed to be the same for both it may be off a bit for the CA.

It could be, too, that the OC is falling off in 7 and the CA in 7.5.  I've seen CRAs do that for some reason.

Message 2 of 9
Alpha800
Established Member

Ok. Can I dispute the DoFD for the CA? I'm in the process of obtaining a mortgage.
Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would not dispute anything if you are trying to get a mortgage.  The lenders don't like that.

Do you know what they reported?

Message 4 of 9
Alpha800
Established Member

I'm not sure what you're asking.
Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 6 of 9
Globalgirl
Valued Member

I recently disputed a few collection accounts on my credit report with EquIfax. I have 2 accounts that I've paid that I tried to get them to remove but they wouldn't. I plan on applying for a mortgage around April or May. Do you think this will hurt my chances of getting approved? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks. 

Equifax: 6/2013 (647) / 10/2013 (647) / 11/13 (654) / 6/05/14 (725)
Experian: 6/2013 (673) / 10/2013 (684) / 12/12/13 (692)
TU Walmart: 6/2013 (683) / 10/2013 (693) / 01/2014 (704) / 06/05/14 (705)
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Message 7 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

The disputes would have to be removed.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 8 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The OC account does not "fall off" based on any credit report exclusion period.

Each adverse item reported by the OC becomes excluded from your CR at its own individual date.

If the OC never reported a charge-off as an adverse item, they had no requirement to have ever reported a DOFD.

Does the OC account report a charge-off?  Any OC charge-off and collection on the same debt would have the same CR exclusion date.

Once the debt collector reported their collection, they were required to have reported the DOFD on the OC account within 90 days of that reporting.

With no OC reporting, they were required to have contacted the OC and attempt to obtain the DOFD.

The CRA can only estimate exclusion based on the DOFD reported to them, so any issue of CR exclusion of the collection requires knowlege of the DOFD of record in your file.  To dispute the accuracy of credit report exclusion of the collection, you would need to know the reported DOFD.

Estimated dates are produced by the CRAs, and can be any time prior to the max statutory date, so cant be used to fix a definitive date.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.