Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh no - All Inquiries on TU are BACK!

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Oh no - All Inquiries on TU are BACK!

Wow, here's a shocker, all of my inquiries on TU dropped probably in February. (some earlier) Now, I just pulled CCT and all of them, including really old ones that will drop in May, are back!! I can't believe they found there way back on my report! I'm shocked....I now have ten back on my report from zero a few days ago.

Has anyone had this happen? TU put em back?

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: Oh no - All Inquiries on TU are BACK!

Mine too.  14 inq. added back today.  Total is 15 now . . . . . eewwwwwwwwww!

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Message 2 of 29
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Same thing happend to my co worker - all of his were added back as well!! What a bummer.

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled CCT this AM.

DH & I both have all of our TU inquiries back as well.  Luckily we have only 3 each.  But 0 was very pretty while it lasted.......

Message 4 of 29
swins24
New Contributor

mine too are back went from one to 15 over night wow.

Message 5 of 29
ficonewbie01
Regular Contributor

All of mine are back too. Smiley Surprised

4/30/10: EQ 705 | TU 687
6/09/09: EQ 656 | TU 638 | EX 675 (FICO from LO)
5/11/09: EQ 584 | TU 539
Message 6 of 29
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Mine too...up +7, but I think all but one are older than 1 yr.

This isn't the first time this has happened. I remember TU did this a couple of times before. At least they were off for a short while.

ETA....pulled another TU FICO and compared it to last week's. FICO dropped 4 pts after going from 1 inquiry w/in one year to 3 inquiries within one year. Nothing else caused the drop. Util was lower by 1% and TLs carrying a balance remained the same.

Message 7 of 29
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I also had 2  inquiries back on my TU when I pulled my CCT this morning.   My oldest goes back to 11-08, and the other goes back to 2-09.  My TU fako score from CCT dropped 12 points.  ( 792 to 780 ).  I was curious so I pulled my TU FICO this morning to see if they were listed and they were.  My FICO score dropped an identical 12 points from a pull about two weeks ago.  I keep reading that inquiries don't  "affect" your score when they are over a year old.  This I do not believe anymore.  Nothing else has changed on my report from two weeks ago,  just the "addition" of the two old inquiries. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 8 of 29
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not knowledgeable enough to give an informed opinion about this. I thought that inquiries stop affecting scores after a year but didn't know anything about inquiries until I came here. I will let others comment more thoroughly.

But I do think it reinforces the advice to only apply for credit you really need to minimize any possible present and/or future dings.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 9 of 29
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Hi MarineVietVet,

I agree with you totally about only applying for credit as needed! It was nice to see "zero inquiries" while it lasted. I guess the party is over now. Smiley Sad

I have read that inquiries only affect your FICO score for a year, but that doesn't mean that my current creditors think the same - maybe it could cause AA for me and others .  

Good news for me is that when I got my auto loan, i didn't have any inks on TU and I'm not that concerned b/c I wont' be applying for any new credit any time soon.

I feel for those however, that are an inch away from 620 for their FHA mortgage and trying to close EOM, and boom, now maybe with the inquiries, they won't have the needed score and might not be able to close on their home. That would definately stink.

PS - thanks for serving our country.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.