Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneMain Lending Pre-Selected Mailer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OneMain Lending Pre-Selected Mailer

I received my first pre-selected mailer ever! It just so happens to from OneMain Lending for a $6K loan. It doesn't say what the interest rate will be but it's fixed. I'm so glad that it's confirmed that I'm not opted out of mailers because I thought that was the reason I wasn't getting anything. Hopefully as my credit rebuilding journey progresses, I'll be receiving more of them with better offers.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: OneMain Lending Pre-Selected Mailer

@Anonymous wrote:

I received my first pre-selected mailer ever! It just so happens to from OneMain Lending for a $6K loan. It doesn't say what the interest rate will be but it's fixed. I'm so glad that it's confirmed that I'm not opted out of mailers because I thought that was the reason I wasn't getting anything. Hopefully as my credit rebuilding journey progresses, I'll be receiving more of them with better offers.

if you want a personal loan just start checking the better options yourself each month.

loanme

avant

credible

sofi

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm considering Alliant because I don't have any installment loans right now. Maybe you can advise me on when will be a good time to apply for it? I was pondering on the benefits of a secured 2-year loan now, or closer to home-buying time (looking at 2018)?

Message 3 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm considering Alliant because I don't have any installment loans right now. Maybe you can advise me on when will be a good time to apply for it? I was pondering on the benefits of a secured 2-year loan now, or closer to home-buying time (looking at 2018)?

if you are going secured then now is great.

Message 4 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 but do a 5 year loan.  If playing installment reindeer games you want as long of a term as possible when we're talking FICO improvement.  Mo' pretty OK's, mo bettah!

        
Message 5 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 but do a 5 year loan.  If playing installment reindeer games you want as long of a term as possible when we're talking FICO improvement.  Mo' pretty OK's, mo bettah!

but op won't want that loan after the mortgage right... if mortgage is in 2018, should they still take a 5 year loan and pif before applying for mortgage?

Message 6 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

but op won't want that loan after the mortgage right... if mortgage is in 2018, should they still take a 5 year loan and pif before applying for mortgage?

You can PIF after the mortgage, but you want the pretty installment utilization explicitly for EX Risk Model v2 which is part of the mortgage trifecta where it does actually matter.  An additional $9 or whatever on the DTI calculation should make absolutely no difference, and at least as of last year many lenders would ignore it if we're talking small balances anyway.  

I haven't dumped either of my secured loans (USAA and Alliant) as they're costing me literally pennies and they're easy to maintain positive tradelines.  

        
Message 7 of 15
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The rate will probably be in the 21-25% range. 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can PIF after the mortgage, but you want the pretty installment utilization explicitly for EX Risk Model v2 which is part of the mortgage trifecta where it does actually matter.  An additional $9 or whatever on the DTI calculation should make absolutely no difference, and at least as of last year many lenders would ignore it if we're talking small balances anyway.  

I haven't dumped either of my secured loans (USAA and Alliant) as they're costing me literally pennies and they're easy to maintain positive tradelines.  

Thanks for your advice Rev! I'll definitely do the 5YR secured loan. I currently have an installment loan C/O that's due to fall off in August of 2017 so this Alliant loan is likely not going to help me until that baddie falls off. It also has a delinquent balance but I'm thinking of settling after the fall off.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The rate will probably be in the 21-25% range. 

Ouch!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.