cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only up 3pts...Bummer!!! - was EQ 655...Bummer!!!

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Only up 3pts...Bummer!!! - was EQ 655...Bummer!!!

I am so bummed. I pulled my EQ score today and its 655. I messed up last summer by getting a personal loan from One Main. I didnt want to but my vehicle broke down and i needed to get it fixed. Because i had just took out a personal loan from Alliant to pay off my cc bills...One Main was the only one to approve me. The loan was for 5.5k for 5yrs at get this...the discounted rate of 38%! The loan had since been paid off earlier this month (thanks to family members willing to help and lend me the amount to pay it off. When i saw my EQ report today...the biggest box on the scale was the  onsumer loan. Im just waiting for it to be updated to paid and cloaed. I read on my credit report that this loan will affect my score even though it is paid and closed. Can anyone tell me if getting it paid will even help my credit score? As far as baddies...i have 1 charge off from verizon in 2009 but paid and a judgement from 2006 set to fall off later this year that was paid in full the same year. Also on my EQ..it says the judgement was paid but the date says it was paid in 2011. Is the wrong date indicated paid on my EQ report affecting my score also? Input is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: EQ 655...Bummer!!!

@TravellingNomad wrote:

I am so bummed. I pulled my EQ score today and its 655. I messed up last summer by getting a personal loan from One Main. I didnt want to but my vehicle broke down and i needed to get it fixed. Because i had just took out a personal loan from Alliant to pay off my cc bills...One Main was the only one to approve me. The loan was for 5.5k for 5yrs at get this...the discounted rate of 38%! The loan had since been paid off earlier this month (thanks to family members willing to help and lend me the amount to pay it off. When i saw my EQ report today...the biggest box on the scale was the  onsumer loan. Im just waiting for it to be updated to paid and cloaed. I read on my credit report that this loan will affect my score even though it is paid and closed. Can anyone tell me if getting it paid will even help my credit score? As far as baddies...i have 1 charge off from verizon in 2009 but paid and a judgement from 2006 set to fall off later this year that was paid in full the same year. Also on my EQ..it says the judgement was paid but the date says it was paid in 2011. Is the wrong date indicated paid on my EQ report affecting my score also? Input is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Paying any debt off is good for you and your CR so don't get bummed manage your credit now that you know and that 655 will grow into 755 good luck 

If I understand you right about the judgment wait until whatever month of 2013 which corresponds with the month from 2006 and if it hasn't fallen off dispute as long as you can show it was paid in 2006 and reporting wrong

Also post this in rebuilding forum for even more results 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Many more positives are coming your way. The loan is paid and you appear to have minimal debt. Continue to pay all of your debt down especially credit cards. After your bad accounts fall off, your score will begin a gradual climb. Remember, Fico scoring can fluctuate upto plus or minus 30 points per month. Focus on the long term carrot of improving each item that you can. The score will take care of itself with continued positive histories. Also  start an emergency cash reserve fund even if you can only rat hole $5.00 bucks per week. It will build your confidence.Good Luck!

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 3 of 9
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

thanks for the words of encouragement bettercredit and journey! yeah i have about 5 cc with CL ranging from $500-$3000 with Fry's store card having the highest limit. although util is about 60%...my balances on all cards will be pif'd by the middle of the week. my plan now is to switch each month between my chase freedom and discover miles card to pay my monthly bills...and then turn around and pif with the cash that is supposed to be used for those bills. maybe if i use both cards in such manner...both will finally give me auto cli's (have had both cards for 2yrs without seeing any love from them). plan on just gardening til early next year so my credit union can approve me for a personal line of credit and cc. i will be using the line of credit to take back the debt absorbed my some family members' cc's to help me pay off my One Main loan.

Message 4 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

thanks for the words of encouragement bettercredit and journey! yeah i have about 5 cc with CL ranging from $500-$3000 with Fry's store card having the highest limit. although util is about 60%...my balances on all cards will be pif'd by the middle of the week. my plan now is to switch each month between my chase freedom and discover miles card to pay my monthly bills...and then turn around and pif with the cash that is supposed to be used for those bills. maybe if i use both cards in such manner...both will finally give me auto cli's (have had both cards for 2yrs without seeing any love from them). plan on just gardening til early next year so my credit union can approve me for a personal line of credit and cc. i will be using the line of credit to take back the debt absorbed my some family members' cc's to help me pay off my One Main loan.

When those balances go down look for a upward bump in scores at 60% UTL that's what was holding your scores back. From 60% to say 10% could be a heck of a jump 

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Any judgment, paid or unpaid, is excluded 7 years from the filing date, not the date paid.

Message 6 of 9
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

thanks guiness for your input. it just made me wonder about it because when i applied for a credit card to consolidate my bills last month...the judgement was the main reason why i was denied. the bank said it was recent and i told the gal that its been paid and settled back in 2006 and i have documentation from both plaintiff lawyer and the court stating its been satisfied that year. she was a little surprised when i said the year and she told me to contact EQ about correcting something (at this point all i heard after that was blah blah blah from being disappointed) and if i wanted to apply again...she said try at the end of the year. when i pulled my EQ report here...the incorrect payment date was the only thing that jumped out. but not gonna worry about it for now. recently pulled my free annual reports and my TU report indicated that its supposed to drop off this september. going to keep an eye out and axiously wait to see in the fall if it disappears from all 3 reports.  

Message 7 of 9
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

thanks journey. yeah i cant wait to see the improvement on my scores when all my cc's updaye after i get the balances paid! will keep you posted!

Message 8 of 9
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Re: Only up 3pts...Bummer!!! - was EQ 655...Bummer!!!

so my one main loan updated and said paid and closed.....and most of my cc's that i paid off has updated to zero balance except for a couple which should be updating within the next week or so. but it's so disappointing that when i got my SW alert...it only said that my score only went up 3 pts to 658 from 655. What a super bummer!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.