Not applicable

Re: Outcome of AMEX F/R

WTG, flygirl!
Message 11 of 37
Jacque383
Regular Contributor

Hi Flygirl,

Congratulation again...You're just rolling in good luck aren't you....First CCCU and now this....It's your month! Enjoy.

Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all of the kind messages!!! I really don't know why I stuck it out through the F/R......I guess to see if I would win or not. I'm not a good loser, so I guess it is to their advantage that I won!!Smiley Tongue

What I am thinking about doing is paying my bills on it every month....and then take a paycheck and pay it all off. Do you think this will trigger another F/R? I know I said that these cards (Amex) will have a back row seat in my wallet....but I'm just looking for ways to build up my credit more!! IF this is a good idea, at what point in the month should I pay the balance off so that it is updated before it is reported the the credit bureaus?

Thanks again Fico buddies!!!!Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to hear yours turned out good as well!!!

Rob
Message 14 of 37
sl
Established Contributor

From what I am dealing with AMEX, they report on or about the 12th of each month. 

Also asked huby when his closes our (he has a different card) and his is about the 12 of each month also. 
Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop the worry>>>

If people don't lie about their income and say they are making 175,000 a year when they realy make 40,00 a year, YOU WILL NOT ( I don't see how you can), HAVE A PROBLEM. If you were approved based on the info you gave, and it turn out to be verified 100%, why should you have any problems.  Just think...If you were giving someone a charge card and said  "go spend", and pay me later, wouldn't you want to some verification of their income done?  And another thing, a mortgage process is like getting a financial proctological exam, an AMEX FR is a breeze along the shore compared to this..Smiley Very Happy
Message 16 of 37
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Stop the worry>>>

centurionholder wrote:

Just think...If you were giving someone a charge card and said  "go spend", and pay me later, wouldn't you want to some verification of their income done? 

I would think that a competent company would do a financial review BEFORE offering credit.  Which makes me think AMEX is a pretty stupid company to do it afterwards  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stop the worry>>>

Not necessarily:

How can I do a financial review of your past finances without having them furnished by you, or by the companies, banks, or corporations you have given permission to supply me ??

All a credit card company knows in the application process is what you tell them, and what is verified by an accurate, competent, and legal source.  Remember, all the info you give on your credit application is subject to verification, at any time !!
Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:     I would think that a competent c...

MidnightVoice wrote:

I would think that a competent company would do a financial review BEFORE offering credit.  Which makes me think AMEX is a pretty stupid company to do it afterwards

I don't know Midnight, as one of the Top half of the Fortune 500 companies to work for, AMEX is not doing too bad.  I wish I had their money flow Smiley Wink
Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a blue card & due date is 17th of month but doesn't close until  26 or 27th of the mo.
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.