Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED PLOC - Pre-Approved !!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PENFED PLOC - Pre-Approved !!

Logged in today -- been a member about half a year .. PRE APPROVALS popped up !!!  One of them was the coveted PLOC, $15,000 !!  Do I take or do I skip on it ?  Anyone have this?  How is it utilized, how do you like it?  The interest rate is amazing at 10% .. my card is 10.74% with them.  $30k line.  Auto loan preapproved at $40,000, but I dont need a new car lol .... Also saw a preapproval for a Plat Rewards @ $15,000.  . I have enough CCs.

Is this a HP if I accept ?  I am gardening and do not want any new HPs !  

Great feeling and start to my early weekend -- we're moving into a new condo in Marina Del Rey in a week, so this will come in great handy !  Wooooooooooooooo !!

18 REPLIES 18
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: PENFED PLOC - Pre-Approved !!

wow you must have a pretty high score with them, those prequals are something id die to see upon logging into to penfed one day. I believe its not a hard pull if they offer it to you that way. Enjoy! 

Message 2 of 19
RonM21
Valued Contributor

That is a good question. I'd probably call and ask just to be sure.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

ddemi my NexTgen somehow is a 701, my FICO 8 for EQ is 677 as of now -- usually its the other way around, but im thinking on June 1 a lot of my accounts aged past 2 years which may have given a bump ??  

Either way Ill take it !!!  Not the biggest pre-quals I've seen with them by far, but decent

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

PS - can we talk about how much I LOVE FICO 9 ??  LOL my FICO 9 for EQ is showing 723!!!  Lenders please start using FICO 9!

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome offer! Congratulations!

Message 6 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

Joey please post these pre-approvals in the Penfed thread. There's an urban myth on this forum and another that if you join "dirty" you never get these preapprovals. You and others are proving them wrong. Good job!

Message 7 of 19
ecb
New Contributor

That's awesome! Penfed turned me down last month for recently added credit card which I thought was BS. Where do you see preapprovals on the screen?
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats - that's awesome. 

Now I am really curious how PenFed does their quarterly things (not that'll I'll be eligible anytime soon) - I just looked and my Nextgen score still says 3/1/16.  I'm wondering if they slow roll the quarterly updates???  I always thought they updated score at the beginning of each quarter with a date of the month prior???

Message 9 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

January,April,July and October 1st are score updates
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.