Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Before DV? Several Other Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD Before DV? Several Other Questions

1. I know you are suppose to DV before sending a PFD but I have 3 or 4 items that show up as a collection on my CR that are for very small amounts, $118, $125, $325. These are all mine and valid, they are on my CR because I was irresponsible. Anyways, I am happy to pay these in FULL for a deletion on my report. I would think if I offer to pay them in full then they would be happy to oblige but if they don't then I would consider sending them a DV.  Would that be ok to do?

2. I filed for BK back in Sept of 2000. One of the accounts listed on my CR is GEMB/MERVYNS. The account status reads "Included in bankruptcy/Account charged off". It is scheduled to stay on there until May 2010. Should that even be there if it was included in the BK? If not do I contact GEMB/MERVYNS or all 3 CRA's?

3. Last but not least, I have 2 CO's and 1 collection on my CR that are all for the same account.
Providian - $907 - CO
Presidio/CM - $907 - Purchased by another lender
Midland Credit MGMT - $907 - CA as of Nov 2007
Shouldn't the OC no longer be reorting? Shouldn't Presidio no longer be reporting since it was purchased by Midland? Shouldn't Midland be the only one listed on my CR? If yes then should I contact all three CRA's with the discrepency or contact Providian and Presidio? Both MIDLAND and Providain are scheduled to come off in Oct/Nov of this year. Presidio list no such date.

Thank you soooooo much in advance for any help. I appreciate all the wonderful info on these boards.

Message Edited by Puterguru on 03-14-2008 07:10 AM

Message Edited by Puterguru on 03-14-2008 07:11 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Before DV? Several Other Questions

Puterguru wrote:
1. I know you are suppose to DV before sending a PFD but I have 3 or 4 items that show up as a collection on my CR that are for very small amounts, $118, $125, $325. These are all mine and valid, they are on my CR because I was irresponsible. Anyways, I am happy to pay these in FULL for a deletion on my report. I would think if I offer to pay them in full then they would be happy to oblige but if they don't then I would consider sending them a DV.  Would that be ok to do?

I sent PFD without a DV. The PFD says the offer will be withdrawn 15 days from the date they receive the letter and full validation will be requested. This is exactly what I did. Day 15 after receipt, sent out DV.

2. I filed for BK back in Sept of 2000. One of the accounts listed on my CR is GEMB/MERVYNS. The account status reads "Included in bankruptcy/Account charged off". It is scheduled to stay on there until May 2010. Should that even be there if it was included in the BK? If not do I contact GEMB/MERVYNS or all 3 CRA's?

3. Last but not least, I have 2 CO's and 1 collection on my CR that are all for the same account.
Providian - $907 - CO
Presidio/CM - $907 - Purchased by another lender
Midland Credit MGMT - $907 - CA as of Nov 2007
Shouldn't the OC no longer be reorting? Shouldn't Presidio no longer be reporting since it was purchased by Midland? Shouldn't Midland be the only one listed on my CR? If yes then should I contact all three CRA's with the discrepency or contact Providian and Presidio? Both MIDLAND and Providain are scheduled to come off in Oct/Nov of this year. Presidio list no such date.

The OC can report and the CA that currently owns the debt can report. On my spouse's CR there was some duplicate CA reporting, the ones I knew for sure that no longer owned the debt, we called and they have deleted their reporting. If I was unsure of who owned the debt, or knew for certain that a particular CA owned it, I didn't call, just sent DV.

Thank you soooooo much in advance for any help. I appreciate all the wonderful info on these boards.

Message Edited by Puterguru on 03-14-2008 07:10 AM

Message Edited by Puterguru on 03-14-2008 07:11 AM

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks sidewinder, I'll send the PFD's before the DV's. What about GEMB/Mervyns that was included in my BK, what can I do about that? No one else that was on my BK is reporting anything?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No experience with bankruptcy.

Bankruptcy: Chapters 7, 11, and 12 remain for 10 years from the filing date. Chapter 13 remains seven years from the filing date. Accounts included in bankruptcy will remain seven years from the date they were reported as included in the bankruptcy.

Puterguru wrote:
Thanks sidewinder, I'll send the PFD's before the DV's. What about GEMB/Mervyns that was included in my BK, what can I do about that? No one else that was on my BK is reporting anything?

Message Edited by sidewinder on 03-14-2008 07:43 AM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.