cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIF Charge-Off with CapOne -- How to have that CO removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PIF Charge-Off with CapOne -- How to have that CO removed?

Hey gang,
I forgot my password and unfortunately did not get the help I wanted Smiley Sad Oh well, anyway, I have a question on dealing with this Charge-Off and CapOne. After talking to CapOne, I went the route of paying the full amount rather than settle. Can you review my letter and let me know if it is even worth it? I would very much appreciate it.

I am writing to see if you can work with me on my account. I have just completed paying this off in full. I chose this way because I was told by your company this would reflect better on my credit reports rather than just settling. Now that it is all paid in full, can you please change the Derogatory / Charge-Off to say Closed (Paid) / Current? I know this might be a bit of a stretch, but I truly hope that you can help me. I am really trying to get my credit back in order. This would be such a huge help for me in trying to refinance my current loan which is very difficult to do with the way the market is right now. One thing I would like to ask as well is, if you can take off the Charge-Off status does that mean all the months of Charge-Off’s being reported will also come off?

I know I told you this in my first letter to you and this is by no means an excuse, but when all of this first happened my wife and I were going through a hardship. She was diagnosed Bipolar and unfortunately I had no idea she was using the card as she was taking care of all the bills while I was at work. Now, my goal is to straighten all this out, get my credit back on track by making all of my payments on time from now on, which I have done. I have been working very hard at this and finally making some headway.

I know I am at your mercy, but if there is anyway possible we can work together on this issue I would be very grateful.

Thank you again,
Cujo
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PIF Charge-Off with CapOne -- How to have that CO removed?

Sounds ok to me BUT   we are talking Cap1 here   so don't expect much.  What was the DOFD on this?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

About a year and a half ago.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

ewwwwww  that would make it new     I really do wish you luck!!!!!    Cap1 has been nice to some but usually they are the pitts!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.