Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU keeps pulling my credit...

tag
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

PSECU keeps pulling my credit...

I have only applied for membership to PSECU once and they pulled my credit on the December 24th ( day after receiving my fax ) and now again on the 11th of January.  I just got the alert in the email, and if I wasn't about to go eat then I would give them a piece of my mind Smiley Mad They are awaiting my DL and SSN fax as of now but I fear they might pull again once they receive more documentation... Any success on getting a re-code or removal ???

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PSECU keeps pulling my credit...

While I certainly think that making multiple inquiries on their part is a poor customer relations tactic, unfortunately, it is legal.

Once you initiate a business transaction with them, they have the right under FCRA 604(a)(F)(i) to pull your credit report.

The FCRA places no limit on only one credit report pull. 

Not a good business practice, but not in violation of the FCRA.  If you complain to them, you may be able to get them to re-code the second inquiry as a "soft pull," but again, the FCRA makes absolutely no distinction between hard and soft credit inquiry codes.  I would not call them and asssert any violation of the FCRA.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.