Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

PSECU

So I applied for PSECU today and got approved. I remembered reading something important to do posted by haulingthescoreup, but in my excitement I breezed right through it. Only after I had passed it did I remember what it was...write down my accout number. D'oh!

I called after they closed, so I guess I wait until Monday. However, I've read other posts here a few minutes ago that said CSRs won't give out an account # over the phone. Is that correct? If so, I guess I wait until I receive my stuff in the mail.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: PSECU

lol, here's your chance to develop patience, grasshopper. Smiley Very Happy

Anyway, congrats, and welcome to the PSECU family. Save everything that comes in the mail, don't freak out if they seem contradictory, and wait it out. If you get a letter saying that your app is cancelled due to not following up, you might call just to confirm that you're still in the running, but they seem to have a deeply conflicted e-mail system.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 17
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Hauling, when I applied, there was two options for the sig page. One was the Internet form and the other was a mailed form. I selected Internet/online or whatever and it gave me an option to print. I encountered trouble printing it, so it defaulted back to the form being mailed. Well, later I discovered I had saved the Internet form as a PDF and was able to print it out. Can I mail/fax that in, or do I need to wait for the forms PSECU will now mail? Hoping you can advise, if not I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
Message 3 of 17
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
Hauling, when I applied, there was two options for the sig page. One was the Internet form and the other was a mailed form. I selected Internet/online or whatever and it gave me an option to print. I encountered trouble printing it, so it defaulted back to the form being mailed. Well, later I discovered I had saved the Internet form as a PDF and was able to print it out. Can I mail/fax that in, or do I need to wait for the forms PSECU will now mail? Hoping you can advise, if not I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

You can mail it in, but you're likely to receive something from them asking if you forgot to send in your signed application and it'll have the same docs. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 4 of 17
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I called this morning, CSR in new accounts said I can fax it in and disregard the one that gets mailed. I've faxed it in, so let's see what's next.
Message 5 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lol, good to have some redundancy.

That's exactly what happened to me --went for the print option, and couldn't do it.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 17
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Forgot to add, both ladies I spoke with today seemed very nice. I will update as I find out more. Thanks again both for the tips and for picking my spirits up after the mishaps Hauling! Lol.
Message 7 of 17
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

The money for checking and savings has been deducted from my current bank by PSECU. Shall I take it I should be receiving my welcome package soon, or do they pull the money while still working on it?
Message 8 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@-Cain- wrote:
The money for checking and savings has been deducted from my current bank by PSECU. Shall I take it I should be receiving my welcome package soon, or do they pull the money while still working on it?

You're in!

Message 9 of 17
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I hope it's okay for me to interject here. I searched PSECU on the forum and found this thread.

I read the OP said s/he was approved. I'm wondering what the application process is and how difficult is it to be approved? I've never heard to having to be approved for a bank account -- and even have a savings a/c at my local CU.

Do they do a hard hit on your CRAs? If so, do you know which ones they do? Is there a min FICO they're looking for? I'm just wondering what would prohibit you from opening an acct there.

Thanks so much! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.