Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Collection Moved To Different Catagory in Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid Collection Moved To Different Catagory in Credit Report

I recently disputed a paid closed Portfolio Recovery Collection on Equifax and it was moved from the collection part of the Credit report to the closed accounts part of the credit report. So as of now it shows no collections under the collection category. Does this make a difference in a good way?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid Collection Moved To Different Catagory in Credit Report

A paid collection is the same as a non-paid collection. It has the same affect on your score. 

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paid Collection Moved To Different Catagory in Credit Report

Collections are stored in a separate segment of your credit file, called the K-segment.

That is where FICO peers to do its scoring.

Commercial vendors can format their credit reports in strange ways, particularly when it comes to collections.

They can merge data taken from from reporting by the crditor on the OC account with data shown under the collections headings, making it appear as if the debt collector reported information (such as payment history delinquencies) that are not reported by the debt collector and not taken from the K-segment.

I would suspect a poorly-formatted commercial credit report rather than a credit file which moved K-segment reporting.

I would begin by ordering a copy of your credit report from annualcreditreport.com if you still have a remaining annual freebie.....

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.