cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay over time American Express is this a ....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay over time American Express is this a ....

I enrolled in pay over time and opted a charge for $8,000. Does this reflect against my credit score and show up on my credit? Also, I chatted with someone at Amex and was told it will update in my account in 24-48 hours to show the balance difference.

Anyone here ever done a pay over time. Any idea what the payment would be for $8,000 each month and how long do they give you to pay over time? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Pay over time American Express is this a ....

@Anonymous wrote:

I chatted with someone at Amex and was told it will update in my account in 24-48 hours to show the balance difference.

Any idea what the payment would be for $8,000 each month and how long do they give you to pay over time? 

The CSR didn't tell you the Terms? the pymt?  I'd call in, not chat, to find out what you signed up for.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

The number of payments depends on the amount, and you're creditworthiness. I haven't seen a POT over 18 months. It could be as little as 6 months. It will affect your credit as your new minimum payment will show up on your reports, which will now be factored into your DTI ratio.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all. Calling Amex now! I had no idea this would effect my credit rating due to debt ratio. I have 78% of my credit available to me.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.