Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Simpleton Needs Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal Simpleton Needs Help

Hi.

I've had a Paypal account for a couple of years but never really used it, until recently, and then only to pay for Netflix. But now I have need to receive Paypal payments & I don't know what to do.

1) I got an offer to do a promo review of a consumer product & they have offered to reimburse me the purchase price into my Paypal account. I don't know what info to provide them?

2) I just this week joined a poker club that uses Paypal. I had no issue paying my entry but: a) I had to miss a tourney I had paid for & they said they would refund me -- I don't see it? (actually I "see it" as a credit, but every time I request payment they charge my CC immediately and I see no corresponding credit to my CC -- just a lag?) b) I expect to cash in future tourneys -- how will winnings arrive into my account & how will I "distribute them" to myself?

I'm a total noob. Smiley Wink Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Re: Paypal Simpleton Needs Help

Normally, to "receive" payments into your PayPal account you simply provide the sender with the email address you use to sign into your PayPal account.  Once it is actually credited to your PayPal account balance you can withdraw the funds into your linked bank account or debit card. Paypal offers instant withdrawals for a 1% fee via linked debit card and some eligible checking accounts.  Free withdrawals to a linked checking account usually arrives the next business day.  You can also sign up for a PayPal issued debit card that allows to withdraw or use funds by swiping the card like a normal debit card.

I can't advise about your Poker app funds.  I have no idea how those apps work or what they want you to link to them in order for funds to be forwarded to your PayPal account.  I would guess that you would actually have to provide them with your PayPal email also. 

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@outofcredit wrote:

Normally, to "receive" payments into your PayPal account you simply provide the sender with the email address you use to sign into your PayPal account.  Once it is actually credited to your PayPal account balance you can withdraw the funds into your linked bank account or debit card. Paypal offers instant withdrawals for a 1% fee via linked debit card and some eligible checking accounts.  Free withdrawals to a linked checking account usually arrives the next business day.  You can also sign up for a PayPal issued debit card that allows to withdraw or use funds by swiping the card like a normal debit card.

I can't advise about your Poker app funds.  I have no idea how those apps work or what they want you to link to them in order for funds to be forwarded to your PayPal account.  I would guess that you would actually have to provide them with your PayPal email also. 

Great info -- thank you. 

Part of the problem, beyond my being clueless, is I don't have a "linked account." I've never used it for receiving funds, only sending (and only small amounts) so I never added a bank account. It seems that is the missing piece of the puzzle. 

I've initiated that process via the "two deposits & one withdrawal" method and suppose I'll be functional some time next week. Thank you for the assist. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi.

I've had a Paypal account for a couple of years but never really used it, until recently, and then only to pay for Netflix. But now I have need to receive Paypal payments & I don't know what to do.

1) I got an offer to do a promo review of a consumer product & they have offered to reimburse me the purchase price into my Paypal account. I don't know what info to provide them?

2) I just this week joined a poker club that uses Paypal. I had no issue paying my entry but: a) I had to miss a tourney I had paid for & they said they would refund me -- I don't see it? (actually I "see it" as a credit, but every time I request payment they charge my CC immediately and I see no corresponding credit to my CC -- just a lag?) b) I expect to cash in future tourneys -- how will winnings arrive into my account & how will I "distribute them" to myself?

Be very careful, this sure sounds like a potential scam, both things.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi.

Be very careful, this sure sounds like a potential scam, both things.

Thanks for writing, Dave.

As to #1) I have written promo product reviews for this outfit before and they paid with an Amazon gift card, which is again an option. But Paypal is also an option and I liked the idea of converting the credit to cash immediately.

As to #2) I am showing a "transaction" credit on Paypal, but it hasn't yet equaled a CC credit. So I was charged once, credited once -- equal amounts -- on Paypal but only showing charged on my CC. I don't see any hanky panky here -- just my ignorance as to movements of the  apparatus. 

But, again, thank you for the warning. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.