cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Wants Me To Unlock My Credit Report?

tag
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

PenFed Wants Me To Unlock My Credit Report?

Doesn't make sense to me. Has anyone experienced this?

I have had a Savings account for a year or so.

In the last few days I Got a Powercash CC (Equifax HP)

In the last few days I Got a Personal Loan (Experian HP)

I figured I would open a Checking account for more relationship points But definitely don't want their system to try and do a Hardpull for it.

I know consensus is they don't Hardpull for a Checking account but you never know. I don't need the Checking account and Definitely don't need a HP for it.

Any ideas why they want my Equifax report unlocked?

*Update

Talked to Rep. about my concerns and they stated that the system just does that and assured me it would not affect my credit so no worry about a HP.

Unlocked account and they soft pulled then told me to lock my reports back up.  About 5 minutes later received email with info of the New Checking account.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: PenFed Wants Me To Unlock My Credit Report?

Well I guess they wanted to if you didnt call a CSR. They Hp'ed me for their checking but used the same HP for their CC a couple yrs back.

Message 2 of 4
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

I had a SP on EQ for my savings account with them last summer.  I don't recall any other SP and definitely no HP for it.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 3 of 4
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Well I guess they wanted to if you didnt call a CSR. They Hp'ed me for their checking but used the same HP for their CC a couple yrs back.

@FireMedic1 That's definitely something I did not want. A HP for opening a Checking account. Never can be too cautious.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.