Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please explain

tag
rudy
Regular Contributor

Please explain

Ladies and Gents,
I have a small but manageable problem. I was just viewing my fico score with equifax and it has dropped from a 627 to 595. Now the only thing that it shows me is a energy bill which I just paid today and discover card and abalance percentage change for the same card.Everything still exist from my previous post. I think this a little drastic
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please explain

Keep in mined you should have at least 3 open accts with each credit co. to have good scores. Low bal.Below 30% of your credit limit.exsample if you have a credit card 500.00 limit. You balance should not go over 200.00
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please explain

@rudy wrote:
Ladies and Gents,
I have a small but manageable problem. I was just viewing my fico score with equifax and it has dropped from a 627 to 595. Now the only thing that it shows me is a energy bill which I just paid today and discover card and abalance percentage change for the same card.Everything still exist from my previous post. I think this a little drastic

Bad news: if you had a thirty-day late (if your energy bill showed up on your CR, that's how it got there), yeah, that can actually tank a mid-range FICO a good 20 to 30 points. So what you're seeing is a bit harsh, but certainly not outside the realm of what we have seen here.

The good news is that, of all the baddies, a 30-day late has the shortest "half-life." As long as you get the account back into good standing, and don't rack up another late, your score should begin to recover by July or so. When the end of summer comes, see if you can get the late GWed off your account by the power company.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.