Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Presence of serious delinquency'

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

'Presence of serious delinquency'

What can that mean? I see it on my Discover app when I check my FICO info (TU).

I'll post screenshots below.

For some clarity, I have 2 CCs, am a revolver so always paid off.

Cheap car lease, always paid on time. 

I have 2 student loans from 15 yrs ago, paid as long as I could and now in forbearance (one was a PLUS loan that sadly went into collections but I'm working on remediation and it will hopefully be back in good standing soon. That being said, it's in my mom's name, that was the rules of the loan..I don't think my name is on it, but would that be what's causing the serious delinquency?).

Other than that I was an AU on a relative's CC before I got my own CCs. I'm still an AU, but rarely use it (I send payment to him as soon as I use it for small things). He owes about 10k-15k but its current and in good standing (saw that on my credit report), could that be the serious delinquency??

I'm stumped.

Screenshot_20200717-113608.jpg

Screenshot_20200717-113648.jpg

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: 'Presence of serious delinquency'

I'd suggest visiting annualcreditreport.com and pulling each of the reports to review in full what they are saying and see if there are any discrepancies to note. You can pull each every week through this year at least.

If there are, start to research how you can dispute and get them removed. Otherwise, we're just speculating.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 2 of 11
RadioRob
Established Contributor

It would have both your name and mom’s name in the student loan typically so you both were dinged is what I’m betting. If the trade line reports on your credit report it’s counting.

The presence of a serious delinquency is that student loan that went into collections. For it to have gotten there, you most likely have 39/60/90/120 and/or CO showing on the line. That presence hurts. You no longer have a clean profile.

If you can rehab the student loan and have it report clean and there are no other negative issues that line will not appear.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccquest Thanks, do you mean I can pull weekly until January, due to covid, without being charged (or you meant something else)? Still newish to all this, so bear with me Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Correct. You can access your credit report from each of the three bureaus through annualcreditreport.com free for now. It does not include scores just the reports themselves. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RadioRob  Thank you!! That definitely gives me hope! 

It sounds like this may be what it is..going to continue with the small payments that will hopefully set it back in good standing.

I'm curious how long it takes to fall off my credit report after the last 'remediation payment' is received (or do I have to call and make sure they take it off?).

After that it's a matter trying to figure out how the heck to pay this gargantuan PLUS loan (that ballooned with interest) and not let this happen again  Smiley Sad 

Message 6 of 11
RadioRob
Established Contributor

If you’re doing a full formal rehab where they agreed to remove history of all latex and such... it took about 60 days for my report to show a cleaned history.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RadioRob Good to know. I'm going to triple-check then, to make sure they remove history by a certain time-period. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for explaining (and for offering the tidbit about not being able to get credit scores that way. I only learned that recently, since I'm getting serious about wanting to up my score. My Disco and BOA apps only tell me my FICO 8 TU score. Any other way to check Exp and EQ, on one website, all together?).

Message 9 of 11
ccquest
Established Contributor

The Experian site will let you do a 7 day trial of their top membership and you can pull the 3 bureau report with scores included once in that timeframe.

But then they keep renewing it at no fee after I cancel so I've done it like 3 times so far haha.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.