cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems pulling credit reports

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Contributor

Problems pulling credit reports

This may have been posted before, but I haven't seen it.

I'm trying to help my adult son with his credit score.  We are unable to pull reports for him ANYWHERE.  At CK we can get a TU report, but EQ has not updated since February.  I tried signing him up at Experian, CCT, and Credit Scorecard, as well as MyFico.  With the exception of the one report at CK, every single site reports a problem verifying his identity.  Most shut down without even asking security questions.  MyFico charged him, asked the questions, and then required a phone call from him (which he hasn't made yet).  At CCT we also got to security questions, and there were questions with no right answer.  For example, "how many credit cards do you have?  15, 21, 16, 9, 7."  (He has 3, all reporting.)  

He has no freezes or holds of any kind, at least none that were initiated by him or that he knows about. Seems to me that there's some kind of identity confusion, maybe stuff posted from someone else with the same name.  But I have no idea how to go about finding out what's wrong.  Anyone have any ideas?  All help appreciated.  

Starting: high 500s Current: high 600s Goal: 720 across the board by 4/17.
Trying to garden but so many good cards out there Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Established Contributor

Re: Problems pulling credit reports

If MYfico is stating for him to call in then he needs to do that. I went thorough that when I first became a member many years back. And the only thing that I can think of is for him to call customer service with the others services as well. You could try and see if he has any luck at www.annualcreditreport.com & just make sure all the security questions for verification are answered correctly.

Message 2 of 4
New Contributor

We were able, just now, to get his full EQ report from annualcreditreport.com.  There's nothing unexpected on there.  I cannot imagine what the problem is, but I'll see if I can get him to follow through and call My Fico.  Maybe that will shed some light. 

Starting: high 500s Current: high 600s Goal: 720 across the board by 4/17.
Trying to garden but so many good cards out there Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 4
Senior Contributor

He needs to contact each to sort out the indentity issue.  There's something wrong with the data source(s) being used for verification.

oldhand0810 wrote: 

He has no freezes  

A freeze wouldn't prevent him from pulling his own report directly from the CRA's.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.