Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Quizzle and Bankrate - possible email phishing scam

tag
brother7
Established Contributor

Problems with Quizzle and Bankrate - possible email phishing scam

Quizzle closed and transitioned to Bankrate in November, 2018.

1. Recently, I was surprised to receive an email from Quizzle notifying me of a change in my credit report. The links in the email seemed suspicious, as they didn't point to the top-level domain quizzle.com but to another TLD exct.net
  2. Another strange activity happened around the time. My Bankrate login vanished. Thinking it was some sort of error, I tried to reset the password but never received a confirmation email at my registered email address. It seems that my Bankrate login completely disappeared because I was able to re-register using the same email address that I had previously used. If in fact my login still existed, I would have expected a message such as "this email is already registered".

I'm not sure if these two problems are unrelated or linked somehow. The same thing happened to a friend. The only common link I could think of is that both of us had accounts at both Quizzle and Bankrate.

Has anyone else experienced issues with Quizzle and/or Bankrate recently?

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.