Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pros and Cons

tag
John060675
Valued Contributor

Pros and Cons

OK, I am addicted to my credit report and everything that goes along with it.  I am personally keeping FICO in business with all my checks.  And I never thought I had an addictive nature.  Smiley Happy 

I would like to know some pros and cons between True Credit and Credit Secure by American Express.

I have read a lot of bashing on TC, but that is only for daily pullers being blocked.  I might pull once every 4 or 5 days at the most until I can get some things cleared up.  Can someone tell me which one to choose, and which one is the most beneficial?

I suppose I should also make sure that these are soft pulls,and not hard ones when you access it.

Thank you.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: Pros and Cons

Oh, forgot to add.......I am under the trial period for SW, and it just seems like it is not telling me things when my stuff changes. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

John060675 wrote:
OK, I am addicted to my credit report and everything that goes along with it.  I am personally keeping FICO in business with all my checks.  And I never thought I had an addictive nature.  Smiley Happy 

I would like to know some pros and cons between True Credit and Credit Secure by American Express.

I have read a lot of bashing on TC, but that is only for daily pullers being blocked.  I might pull once every 4 or 5 days at the most until I can get some things cleared up.  Can someone tell me which one to choose, and which one is the most beneficial?

I suppose I should also make sure that these are soft pulls,and not hard ones when you access it.

Thank you.

All the scores that you get from these are FACO....the CS is cheaper and gives the same info as TC.

If in credit repair mode or have no plans on a large purchase you do not really need real FICO yet.

I have TC and SW (myfico) for me....for DH I had TU but changed to  CS(amex) ...also have SW(EQ)

SW offers 2 pulls a year at 1 price........second pull does not need to be used until needed.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-14-2007 02:36 PM
Message 3 of 5
John060675
Valued Contributor

Wow, you were not kidding when you said FACO.  The TC 30 day trial hooked me.  I needed just a little push to do it.  The report was ok, and I will use it for just checking items within the next 30 days.

However, the scores are really FACO.

FICO score:  TU  673 (as of last night)

TC FACO score:  633

Talk about scaring the *ell out of me.  When the initial shock wore off, I remembered that this was just a fake score.  I will not hit their score button again!

Message 4 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

John060675 wrote:

Thank you.

I'm one of people who had their TC account permanently cancelled. They are both beneficial. I have been using CS for some time and it's pretty good. Both services are only soft pulls. I do think TC's layout is better though.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.