Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about FICO score and CUs

tag
user5387
Valued Contributor

Question about FICO score and CUs

I am looking for advice about restructuring a $4K CC balance that I'm carrying.

I am self-employed, with provable income of around $25-35K.  Because of the relatively low income, my DTI is around 35-40.

I pulled my EQ FICO yesterday at this site, and it's 761.  I expect that EX/TU would be similar.  I have no overt negatives, such as lates, collections, or BK.  Utilization is around 16%, and AAoA around 6 years.  There is one INQ on each report for the last six months, and three new accounts showing in the same time frame.

I would really like to restructure the $4K into a term loan, LOC, or another CC via BT.

I am not a member of any CUs, and would like to go this route if possible.  I feel like the relatively high DTI is an obstacle, though.

I have not yet found any local possibilities (Colorado).  One national CU  that comes to mind is Alliant.

Does anyone have ideas about CUs that might be open to this scenario?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question about FICO score and CUs

I have dealt with banking instiutions for years, and have always found the best service and rates to come from my credit union

Go onto the NCUA website, and surf for an eligible CU.

CU membership requirements vary, widely.

Some based on occupation, others based on locatlity, and others will let you in for only a fee.

The biggest CU in the world is NavFedCU, but you have to have some form of active military service to qualify.

Just under them is the Pentagpm Fed CU/.  I think they have a provision that if join their affilated Armed Forces suport group. you can get membership.

Surf, and you will find!

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about FICO score and CUs

@RobertEG wrote:

I have dealt with banking instiutions for years, and have always found the best service and rates to come from my credit union

Go onto the NCUA website, and surf for an eligible CU.

CU membership requirements vary, widely.

Some based on occupation, others based on locatlity, and others will let you in for only a fee.

The biggest CU in the world is NavFedCU, but you have to have some form of active military service to qualify.

Just under them is the Pentagpm Fed CU/.  I think they have a provision that if join their affilated Armed Forces suport group. you can get membership.

Surf, and you will find!

+1

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.