Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about adding account history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about adding account history

I have been working on my credit for a few months now and I have actually made some progress thanks to forums like this.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions, I had a credit card that was open in 1995. I lost the card shortly after opening it.  It only shows up on my TU credit report but it was never late and is not reported negatively. However it does say card lost or stolen.

On my other two reports my credit history is five years old and on my TU it is 11 years. I know the length of credit history helps your score. Is there a way to get this reported on my other two CR even though I don't have the card anymore. I thought about calling the company, but it has been so long and they were bought by another company so I don't even think they would have the info anymore.

So my questions, Can I get this account reported on my other credit reports? If I do would it help my scores since the card is closed, and not reported anymore? If it would help how do I go about getting it reported? (I only have the partial account number that is on the TU report.)

Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about adding account history

If the account isn't open and you aren't using the card, then I'd do absolutely nothing. It's general practice by the CRAs to delete any lost or stolen TL after two years. For some reason, the CCC or the CRAs never followed through with that. If you were to contact them, if this account isn't open, then you'll likely wind up losing it off all 3.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question about adding account history

That is strictly between you and the OC.  Account reporting is strictly up to the credttor to initiate, not  the CRA.  You cant just transfer account reportngs. Unless you somehow conviince the OC to (1) reopen the dead acccount, and (2) to then also transfer the full account history of the long-closed account over to any new account you open with them, then it wont happen.

I think your chances of pulling this off is minimal.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.