Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about refinance--HELP FAST!

tag
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

Question about refinance--HELP FAST!

I have to submit a letter of explanation for a couple of lates since my BK over two years ago.  The loan was with Ford Motor Credit and has since been paid off for a long time.

Any advice on how to address it?  What do I say?  Error?  Financial brain-fart? It was obviously my fault but I don't want to try and play the blame game.

The other two items are simple--I have a letter from each company explaining to support.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about refinance--HELP FAST!

The truth is the best policy IMO

coachhenson wrote:

I have to submit a letter of explanation for a couple of lates since my BK over two years ago.  The loan was with Ford Motor Credit and has since been paid off for a long time.

Any advice on how to address it?  What do I say?  Error?  Financial brain-fart? It was obviously my fault but I don't want to try and play the blame game.

The other two items are simple--I have a letter from each company explaining to support.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about refinance--HELP FAST!

KISS.....Keep it simple stupid

Just ell the truth and be done with it.  The explanation does not have to be fancy, just to the point. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.