Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Removal Dates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on Removal Dates

I have my last baddie that my EX report says will fall off Aug of 2017. Does that mean Aug 31 or Aug 1, or is it actually date specific? I tried to get the supervisor to remove it early based on “goodwill” as someone on here told me I could do, but no go.
Needless to say since it is next month I am excited, but want to know when I can expect it to be gone.

Thanks so much in advance.
-dj
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question on Removal Dates

The FCRA requires that derogs become excluded after the expiration of the stated period.  FCRA 605(a)/

Delinquencies and DOFD are reported only by month/year, and not date of the month, so a monthly delinquency reported in June 2010 would be required to become excluded as of July 2017.

Assuming an exclusion date for a collection or charge-off is based on the full statutory period, then it would become excluded beginning the next month after expiration of 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD.

Message 2 of 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I'd try again for an EE. All its going to cost is some time and who knows, you might get lucky. It's within the general time frame that EX allows.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx @rmd.... I think I will try again. I couldn’t believe they wouldn’t do it when I am 3 weeks away. Grrrr.

@Robert... thx for the info on the FCRA. Good info to know. Especially the month year info versus an actual day. Did not know that.

I actually was wondering about Experian specifically. They put on their reports that “will be removed Aug 2017”.... so I’m wondering if that means Aug 1 or Sept 1 for them. I’m wondering how they base that date or how they come up with it. I guess I’m
Going to have to get out my report and count from the DOFd to see how that Aug of 2017 lined up. Just thought someone might know so I didn’t have to do math. Lol.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous @rmd.... I think I will try again. I couldn’t believe they wouldn’t do it when I am 3 weeks away. Grrrr.

@Anonymous... thx for the info on the FCRA. Good info to know. Especially the month year info versus an actual day. Did not know that.

I actually was wondering about Experian specifically. They put on their reports that “will be removed Aug 2017”.... so I’m wondering if that means Aug 1 or Sept 1 for them. I’m wondering how they base that date or how they come up with it. I guess I’m
Going to have to get out my report and count from the DOFd to see how that Aug of 2017 lined up. Just thought someone might know so I didn’t have to do math. Lol.

From what someone else said it seems like it won't drop off until September and not August first, so to them it's more than 3 weeks away.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx. After 2 attempts for early removal...I’m just gonna plan on Sept. after 7 years what’s one more month. :/
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thx. After 2 attempts for early removal...I’m just gonna plan on Sept. after 7 years what’s one more month. :/

Exactly.  You've already made it 98.8% of the way there.  While the last 1.2% is surely going to feel like the longest, it's clearly insignificant in the big picture Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.