Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about GW / PDF letters.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about GW / PDF letters.

I am in the process of fixing my credit scores, started in 2003 with a FICO of around 430. Last month I have 550-570. This month I have 530-593, two went up, one went down, like 40 points down.

I enrolled in truecredit to monitor it, and i have been paying off balances a little at a time. I just paid off all my CC debt , less than $500 of $1000 total on 3 cards and a high interest loan for $1091, saving $500 in interest. I still owe $9k in student loans, $21k on my car, and have about $10K in collections on medical bills (5 different accounts, same company and medical emergency). I am going to pay $15k on my car in the next 12 months, so my ddebt to income ratio will be down. I am looking to buy a house in the summer of 2008, and my loan will be VA backed, so no super worrys on it. I have already been approved for 150k from 2 lenders at 6%.

I am going to write some of the companies on my report and ask for a Good Will or a Payment for Deletion gesture to remove a few of them. Doubt all will work, but going to try. I also have a few in collections. I had an account with verizon for a home phone, and when i left for germany never knew there was a balance until I got my first report in May '03.  Anyway, they have since sold it to Palisades and after 5 calls to their office, alll i got was an answering machine, leaving my email addy to contact me, since I am in Iraq right now and no phone to call me, they have yet to contact me to talk about the debt. How am i supposed to pay if they wont contact me. Pluse they are reporting it as 120 past due, even though I was never informed they had the debt. I am going to send them a PFD letter, is that a good idea?

I have 1 account that drops of in Sept of this year. Should I pay it, PFD it or let it drop off? Its only $65 so no biggie. Have 2 other with $0 balance that drop them too, so hope my score goes up. I am shooting for 620-640 by june of 2008. Is this realistic?

Is anyone that has delt with these letters before able to proof my letters to see if they sound good or if I should beef them up some? I tried to use the fact that I am a Soldier on my 3rd deployment to get some sympathy if i can.

If anyone can help me manage my credit score/ debt please contact me. I can not call the agencies all the time and don't know it all.

Darrell
delsolkm14@yahoo.com
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about GW / PDF letters.

Anyone?
Message 2 of 5
Jimer

If the amount due is only $65 I would contact the company the holds the debt and ask them to delete the negative information for payment in full.  You should get that in writing before you send the payment. 

You have about a year to clean up your credit so I believe you can reach your goal.  If you are pre-approved currently you should be fine next year provided you pay all of your debts on time and no new items show up. 

Good luck, and thanks for supporting our country.   
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you send the GW - doesn't that start your clock over?
Message 4 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

beach123 wrote:
If you send the GW - doesn't that start your clock over?

NO!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.