cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REMOVING A FRAUD ALERT

Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

REMOVING A FRAUD ALERT

THREE YEARS AGO I PUT A FRAUD ALERT ON MY CREDIT REPORT.   CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW DO I REMOVE THEM.  I WAS TOLD THAT WHEN APPLYING FOR CREDIT, CREDITORS WILL AUTOMATICALLY DENY YOU BECAUSE OF THAT.  CAN ANYONE PROVIDE ME SOME INFORMATION!  YOUR HELP IN THIS MANNER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: REMOVING A FRAUD ALERT

Go to each CRAs website to see what the requirements are.

You will need to do it in writing and each CRA may require different copies of something to verify identity.

Message 2 of 4
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Cool Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

The inital fraud alert remains on your report for 90 days. The extended fraud alert remains on you credit report for 7 years.  I cannot remember wthen initial fraud alert becomes an extended fraud alert,. I think it is when the police report has been filed some correct this if I am wrong.

FICO 8 EX 794 TU 794 EF 805
Discover IT Opened 9/1990 CL 19,000, JC Penney Opened 10/2008 CL 4700, US Bank Cash Plus Opened 8/2010 CL 12000, Citibank Double Cash Opened 5/2015 CL 11,100, Chase Freedom Flex Opened 09/2020 CL 10,500
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.