Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF - Foreclosure on reports

tag
IsleSeat
Contributor

RF - Foreclosure on reports

during 2002, my worst economical year ever, I defaulted on a Home Mortgage and a NOD was filed, later, a date for the foreclosure sale set. In the 'final' days, I was able to refinance and bail out of the situation - and the payments have been immaculate since. For the "problem Mortgage" it shows now RF "Reposession, Foreclosure" as if the foreclosure went through to the end. A foreclosure sale never happened and I am still in the same house. Can anyone clarify the terminology in the CR, in my opinion, it should show the 'lates', but not a RF.
TU and EX = 820 EQ = 821
I came straight out of Hell
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RF - Foreclosure on reports

Should say "Foreclosure discontinued" or "Account paid after foreclosure started"
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you get a NOD it does not report on your credit report but once youre in pre-foreclsoure the lender will report on your CR. Now keep in mind that Lenders make mistakes!!!

Are you still with the same mortgage company?

If so... Call them and have them correct it. I have a borrower that sold a home last year and the mortgage company reported after the sale as a repo but we were able to fix it.

Try to get a letter from the lender and make them fix it. Also once you get that letter just sent it to all 3 CB's

Message Edited by OneMortgageGuy on 06-08-2007 03:09 PM
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

** Link removed by Admin per FICO Forums Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines which do not allow posting links to sites that promote credit repair**

Good link for information.

Welcome to the FICO Forums, OneMortgageGuy,

As others have discovered before you, we have a rather strict set of credit repair limitations in these forums compared to some of the others out there, such as the one removed above.  Please familiarize yourself with our Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines before posting any recommendations relating to credit repair, if this is at all unclear.

We appreciate your participation in these forums!

-Barry

Message Edited by OneMortgageGuy on 06-08-2007 03:09 PM

Message Edited by Barry on 06-08-2007 03:55 PM
Message 4 of 7
IsleSeat
Contributor

Of course I am no longer with that lender, who reported the RF as the loan was replaced by someone else's. Do I understand correctly that a pre-foreclosure then would be reported just as a foreclosure, which was consummated? I don't think that this is correct. Also, that lender (Select Portfolio) was known for their questionable practices. I want that RF out, I prefer the lates to show, but not a RF. Thanks, MortgageGuy
TU and EX = 820 EQ = 821
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Select Portfolio can be a big pain in the butt! Call them and ask for a letter that states that your home was not foreclosed. They are going to tell you they need to go through the legal department. The letter that you will get will likely state that the home was not foreclosed but was in pre-foreclosure. It will take 3 - 5 day to get the letter faxed to you. Once you get the letter you can try to send it to all 3 cb's. I have never been able to get a letter from any lender that states otherwise.

If you want email me your contact information and I will call the lender with you on the line. If you have a copy of your credit report and account number for Select Portfolio that would help me.

Message 6 of 7
IsleSeat
Contributor

Hello MortgageGuy, I am interested. Let me know where I can find you Monday, I am on PST
TU and EX = 820 EQ = 821
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.