Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RJM Acquisition

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RJM Acquisition

I did a search and read some old stuff on the forum about RJM.  Anyone else have any experiences with them?  They just popped something on my Ex CR today.  Still within SOL..how they are with PFD?  I've seen a few have had success.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RJM Acquisition

I was only checking my CR's once a year.  Then I got a letter in the mail last month from them for a bill I paid years ago.  I pulled my CR and there it was, posted almost a year ago but I didn't hear from them during this whole time?  What's up with that?  With no proof, I called them and they confirmed that I had paid and they looked it up and said yes, we see that here.  But you still owe another $24 as a promise to purchase more, which you never did.  I agree to pay that and they in turn said I would receive a vouchure good for $24 from the book club and they would remove it from my credit report. 

That sounded fair to me, so I paid.  It is still on my report, so I called them again.  They said they report once a month and to give it time.  Then Friday I received a confirmation from them that they received a payment and it was going to be removed shortly, but in the meantime, I could show this letter to creditors as proof that I paid it. 

I JUST WANT THE DARN THING REMOVED!!

Oh ya, I almost forgot.  I also disputed the charge and TU removed the $56 but plugged in the $24.  EX did NOTHING at all.

Message Edited by Topshelf on 03-05-2008 05:48 PM
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They kept their word with the pfd I did and some others and removed entry completely...It does take a little time though....Good luck to the both opf you....
Message 3 of 15
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I have them reporting on my credit. They send me collection letters all the time, but don't really harass me.

The most recent letter was an offer to settle for $50.00 on a $500.00 balance, which I would totally have accepted but the debt is not mine so I refuse to pay.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

how old did they say that debt was?  
Message 5 of 15
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I dont have the letter in front of me, but I think its from 2004.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 6 of 15
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

IMO they are pretty decent for a CA. I did a PFD w/them a month ago and the baddie was removed in one week Smiley Happy
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you PIF or propose the PFD at a discount?  If at a discount how much did you offer?
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid my two $67 collections through them before I knew about PFD and they just automatically deleted them from my report, which I thought was totally awesome!
Message 9 of 15
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

DV first before paying. I dealth with RJM before and they are so cooperative. Professional collectors.

Mind to share who the original creditor is?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.