Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Replacement Cards

My wallet was recently stolen and I had to get my credit cards reissued.  On my credit report the old cards are showing as closed and I have new accounts for the new cards.  The problem with this is that it doesn't carry the history of the old cards so it looks like these accounts are new instead of established with excellent payment history.  Is there any way I can combine these accounts to show their true history?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Replacement Cards

On your credit report the new cards should show the same date opened as the old ones? The canceled cards should stay there for a while. If the new cards reflect a new opening date you should contact the lenders to fix that. The history may remain with the canceled cards but the FICO score will continue count their history even though they are closed. So you really only need to worry about the start date for average card age. Sorry to hear about your wallet getting stolen.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

gdub90601 wrote:
My wallet was recently stolen and I had to get my credit cards reissued.  On my credit report the old cards are showing as closed and I have new accounts for the new cards.  The problem with this is that it doesn't carry the history of the old cards so it looks like these accounts are new instead of established with excellent payment history.  Is there any way I can combine these accounts to show their true history?

Thanks!

Pizza is correct...I had to replace my cards also.  for about 1 month both accounts showed on CR the second mo. 1 showed bal 0  and the new one was correct....I just left them alone....the first just disappeared after thet  but all dates were correct
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.