Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting error?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting error?

Not sure if this is in the right place for a reponse, if not I apologize in advance, but I do have a question that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on... I have had a 30day past due on an old car loan from November, 2011 that seems to be report as two accounts.  When Iook at my credit report here, It shows Brookline Bank listed twice one for Experian and one for Transunion.  Same amt, same date and all, but It's counting as two instead of one in the list it negatives... shouldn't it only count as one since it's the same item?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Reporting error?

Yes, it should only report once.  Before you dispute (which you should as the 30 is counted twice also and you will recoup some points), Check the account numbers, and addresses of both Brookline Bank. I had an account reporting twice, disputed, they didn't remove, ended up being the account was under a new parent company and changed my account number, even though it kept the original creditor's name

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.