Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCRA for Reservists?

tag
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

SCRA for Reservists?

Just curious if there are any DPs out there of Reservists being approved for SCRA benefits from any CC companies. I understand language typically denotes AD but in the past I've had companies interchange "Active military" with "Active Duty" so figured I'd ask.

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Momagain
New Contributor

Re: SCRA for Reservists?

My hubby is disabled vet, out of service since 1996 and we were just approved via Discover.  Pulled a copy of his Status report through DoD link and entered his first date of military service.  Submitted that to Discover on a whim since different companies  honor in different ways.  Have submitted to all other creditors.  Waiting to see if we have anymore success stories.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCRA for Reservists?

Yes, you can get SCRA benefits as a reservist, but only if you get orders to active duty--meaning active duty for training, active duty for special work, or a mobilization. Drill weekends and the annual two-week inactive duty period do not count.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.