cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander the Evil Giant Defeated!!!!! 80pt score raise!!!

tag
JonStur
Established Contributor

Santander the Evil Giant Defeated!!!!! 80pt score raise!!!

Santander, (the wonderful company that they are) decided to try to change the DOFD on an old Triad account, (from 2000), to 2009. I settled the loan with Triad in 2005. Apparently they took the company over and tried to get me to pay another $9000, claiming there was no record of my settlement. Finally, after two years of arguing, I had enough and last month I disputed it with TU and Ex, and sent Santander a certified letter with a list of demands for verification, and read them the riot act. Today I get a notification from TU, ACCOUNT DELETED score rises from 685 to 765!!! HOORAYYY!! Can't wait for EX to get back to me!! Call me David cuz I just kicked Goliath's butt!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Santander the Evil Giant Defeated!!!!! 80pt score raise!!!

Congrats! Was it fun watching him fall?

Message 2 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Happy dance time!!!    Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 9
awal
Regular Contributor

Congrats... Looks like you are a FHA now.

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 4 of 9
JonStur
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone..it felt fantastic. But more importantly, it was the knowledge I've aquired by reading FICO FORUMS that made this possible.. For all those that indulge, drinks are on me..

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm glad to hear that you scored a victory against them. There was a rash of reports of this company pulling this with countless people, last year. I hope that you've also reported them to the FTC & your state's AG. The more people that report them, the less likely they'll get away with doing it to the next guy.

Great job putting your foot down!

Message 6 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@JonStur wrote:
For all those that indulge, drinks are on me..

FICOtinis?

Message 7 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Make it FICOritas and I'm in!!!!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 9
jayjay21us
Established Member

Santander sent me a letter a couple of years ago, saying they took over Triad and I had a balance to pay.  I sent them a letter stating that I had paid Triad and I provided documentation showing it was paid... Did not hear back from them.. I guess they didn't expected someone to have records of a paid debt going back over 5 years... Fast forward to 2011, all of a sudden it shows up on my EX report with that 2009 date.. I disputed and it was deleted....

I have heard some horror stories with Santander.. Just glad mine was short lived... Lesson:  Always keep records!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.