Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Incongruencies

tag
lizmariposa
New Contributor

Re: Score Incongruencies

I hear you. I'm sorry if I came off as snippy. Thanks for trying to brainstorm this with me. I find this whole world of credit and credit reporting to be interesting. Saw a gentleman on YouTube who is FICO certified, saying something that Equifax won't be counting hard pulls anymore. This might be a thing as suddenly, all my hard pulls I had with them disappeared and this was, I wanna say a few months ago -- I remember asking people about it. Now, I know I didn't have as many as on my other reports -- which is normal for Equifax as it isn't used as much like the other two -- but I did have some that hadn't expired. But now they're just gone. Only soft pulls now. 

I've also started seeing some places designate hard pulls as only listed for 12 months, and deeming that part of my credit as "good." Discover's credit report -- which is a pull from Experian -- does this. It won't even list the inquiries as if they didn't exist anymore. I know they're there in the real 3B's, and places like CK list them and tell you when they're supposed to drop off and whatever, but... things seem to be changing a bit. 

Message 21 of 24
thornback
Senior Contributor

@lizmariposa wrote:

I hear you. I'm sorry if I came off as snippy. Thanks for trying to brainstorm this with me. I find this whole world of credit and credit reporting to be interesting. Saw a gentleman on YouTube who is FICO certified, saying something that Equifax won't be counting hard pulls anymore. This might be a thing as suddenly, all my hard pulls I had with them disappeared and this was, I wanna say a few months ago -- I remember asking people about it. Now, I know I didn't have as many as on my other reports -- which is normal for Equifax as it isn't used as much like the other two -- but I did have some that hadn't expired. But now they're just gone. Only soft pulls now. 

I've also started seeing some places designate hard pulls as only listed for 12 months, and deeming that part of my credit as "good." Discover's credit report -- which is a pull from Experian -- does this. It won't even list the inquiries as if they didn't exist anymore. I know they're there in the real 3B's, and places like CK list them and tell you when they're supposed to drop off and whatever, but... things seem to be changing a bit. 

Yeah not sure about EQ no longer counting inquiries at all...  haven't heard that report before.  Not sure why you had inquiries fall off before their time either - I feel like I remember a few posts saying something similar a while back tho, and I think it was chalked up to being a glitch- of course, i wasn't blessed with such an incident...lol.

Inquiries are only scoreable for the first 365 days - after that, any points lost from the inquiries are regained - tho they remain on your reports for a full 2 years, as a record.  Because it no longer affects scoring after a year,  some platforms don't include any that are older than 1 year when they display report data to the consumer -  but the inquiries remain part of your full report. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 22 of 24
lizmariposa
New Contributor

Okay, so I have an update and it's kind of an odd one. I have 3 revolving credit cards, and two installment loans Sometimes it shows up as three installment loans, but it's just that my many years ago my student loands were consolidated, and so one of them is "closed." Not an acctive account. 

Anyway... In this report, Equifax (as opposed to the other bureaus) claims I have too many credit cards accounts carrying a balance, and it claims I have 4. That high achievers only have three. But I only have three credit accounts, and all three of them have 2% usage each. There is NO fourth credit account listed anywhere with any balance on my reports. 

I am not really sure what to do with this since I have no way of contesting it... 

Credit Cards.png

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too many accounts with a balance is a negative reason statement that many get that isn't avoidable without taking on a different penalty that's worth more than the too many accounts penalty. 

I get the too many accounts with a balance negative reason statement with 2 balances... 1 revolvers and 1 loan.  If I were to eliminate the revolver balance, I'd take on the no revolving credit penalty.  If I were to eliminate the loan, I'd take on the no installment loan information penalty.  Therefore on my profile the too many accounts with a balance penalty is the best way to go, so long as it's optimized (1 revolver, 1 loan) and not greater than that such as 2+ revolvers, 1 loan. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.