Did you mean: 

Self and credit strong

tag
virgo
Established Contributor

Self and credit strong

Hello all,

I have self and credit strong. 

The problem I'm running into is both have not reported for the last 2 months.

The whole purpose of having these accounts is to help your credit score. It kind of defeats that purpose if they're not going to report in a timely fashion.

I think I remember seeing others have running into this.

Thanks for any responses.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LoriB2022
Established Member

Re: Self and credit strong

I have both as well.  So far the only one that reports is SELF.  I've made several payments to Credit Strong and they have not reported once yet.  They're website says 30-60 days before they show up... but where are they?

Anyone else have thoughts?

Lori~

Message 2 of 5
virgo
Established Contributor

It was heaven during the honeymoon stage when they wanted everybody to join. 

I've had credit strong for 4 months. 

I get the impression they figure we're desperate so we're going to accept anything that happens.

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The law requires that they report accurate info but they also say in a timely fashion. When I first started with credit banks and other creditors only reported evey 90 days so this is the normal definition of "timely fashion" If updates dont happen after the 90 days then I would remind them of their duty to report accurate info and that includes payment history and balance of the account.

Message 4 of 5
LoriB2022
Established Member

@virgo wrote:

Hello all,

I have self and credit strong. 

The problem I'm running into is both have not reported for the last 2 months.

The whole purpose of having these accounts is to help your credit score. It kind of defeats that purpose if they're not going to report in a timely fashion.

I think I remember seeing others have running into this.

Thanks for any responses.

Funny thing happened yesterday... CREDIT STRONG updated my credit report!  I had emailed them the same day.  Weird or no?  EX and TR updated, but not EQ yet.  I just made my 2nd payment too.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.