Frequent Contributor

Simulation quirk?

One of these guys is doing the wrong thing... 😂

Screenshot_20200512-180005.png

Rebuild start: 5/15/19

Financial Institutions:
Wells Fargo | NFCU | Penfed
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: Simulation quirk?

I mean, if they're offering it'd be rude not to take it...right?

Message 2 of 11
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@Schwartzinator wrote:

I mean, if they're offering it'd be rude not to take it...right?

Yea... Guess Experian is handing out points like nfcu hands out exposure 🤣

Financial Institutions:
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 3 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I am in for FIFY EX FICO pointsSmiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 11
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

I like your simulator better. Mine says +15, +15, +20.

Can we trade?

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would assume that you likely have baddies that will drop of EX sooner than off TU/EQ?   And this is a distinct possibility.  My actual FICO EX score is 80 points higher (804) than my EQ score (724) because EX dropped all the 90 days lates reporting from two BOA CCs in 2018 because date of first lates was 2011 (and EX has a policy of dropping all lates in a string of lates starting with first late).  BTW, I also closed both accounts in 2011, never charged off, and made monthly payments on them for three years until they were fully paid off.  Anyhoo, EQ refuses to drop lates from the date of the first late.  EQ drops each late month by month so I still have 90 day lates reporting until mid-2014 when I brought the accounts current.  I would think a huge difference in your simulated scores indicates that there is a major difference in when any baddies you have will be dropped off your report by the differnt CR.  If you have multiple lates in a string of lates, you very likely could get a huge score bump from EX that you won't see with EQ as they drop these negatives differently.  I also got TU to drop the lates from these two credit lines by contacting them but they just deleted the entire accounts so my score there is 789.  Since TU just deleted the accounts instead of just deleting the lates, my overall credit history length is lower for them than for EX explaining the 15 point score difference.  But I don't think TU has an actual policy to automatically delete lates starting with the first in a chain of lates like EX does.  I got TU to drop the lates by calling after the 7 year mark passed on the first reported late so I would think that the simulator would assume that lates would still be on your CR for TU whereas for EX, it would drop any lates after first in string of lates because that is EX's policy. This may not be the case with your CRs...perhaps you don't have any lates in a long string of lates.  Maybe there is a different negative that will drop sooner with EX then it will with TU and EQ?  

Message 6 of 11
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would assume that you likely have baddies that will drop of EX sooner than off TU/EQ?   And this is a distinct possibility.  My actual FICO EX score is 80 points higher (804) than my EQ score (724) because EX dropped all the 90 days lates reporting from two BOA CCs in 2018 because date of first lates was 2011 (and EX has a policy of dropping all lates in a string of lates starting with first late).  BTW, I also closed both accounts in 2011, never charged off, and made monthly payments on them for three years until they were fully paid off.  Anyhoo, EQ refuses to drop lates from the date of the first late.  EQ drops each late month by month so I still have 90 day lates reporting until mid-2014 when I brought the accounts current.  I would think a huge difference in your simulated scores indicates that there is a major difference in when any baddies you have will be dropped off your report by the differnt CR.  If you have multiple lates in a string of lates, you very likely could get a huge score bump from EX that you won't see with EQ as they drop these negatives differently.  I also got TU to drop the lates from these two credit lines by contacting them but they just deleted the entire accounts so my score there is 789.  Since TU just deleted the accounts instead of just deleting the lates, my overall credit history length is lower for them than for EX explaining the 15 point score difference.  But I don't think TU has an actual policy to automatically delete lates starting with the first in a chain of lates like EX does.  I got TU to drop the lates by calling after the 7 year mark passed on the first reported late so I would think that the simulator would assume that lates would still be on your CR for TU whereas for EX, it would drop any lates after first in string of lates because that is EX's policy. This may not be the case with your CRs...perhaps you don't have any lates in a long string of lates.  Maybe there is a different negative that will drop sooner with EX then it will with TU and EQ?  

I have 2 baddies on any given report and only 1 on some.

Baddie A) 30/60/90/closed account string (WF secured) starting 12/2013

Baddie B) PIF collection with diversified.

Baddie A has no payment info on EQ so that account isn't hurting me there actually.

Baddie B has been disputed on all 3. Removed on EX, and I pulled a 3B report last night (to inquire about a 70 point EQ bump) and it's apparently removed (even though the dispute still remains in progress).

So...

EQ

Baddie A (no payment history and appearing positive) now sits FICO 8 779.

TU

Baddie A

Baddie B

EX

Baddie A

I'm getting really close to a clean file if TU comes through on the dispute. 

Financial Institutions:
Products:

Message 7 of 11
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

Simulated scores are worthless. On Experian simulator I was shown that if I paid down 50% of my credit card balance my score would go up around 25 points!! So my balance was $820 and I paid it down to $300, well my scores just updated today and they reflect the new balance and my score went up ONE POINT!!!......Nothing else on my credit changed at all and my score only moved ONE POINT.

🥴🤔

Message 8 of 11
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

Simulated scores are worthless. On Experian simulator I was shown that if I paid down 50% of my credit card balance my score would go up around 25 points!! So my balance was $820 and I paid it down to $300, well my scores just updated today and they reflect the new balance and my score went up ONE POINT!!!......Nothing else on my credit changed at all and my score only moved ONE POINT.

🥴🤔

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

🥴🤔

I get that... 5-25 point sims seem fairly normal (whether or not they're reliable).  What I thought was interesting was seeing one hit 110 points while the other bureaus remained "normal" with equal to or better files and the thread was really raised to bring light to the product devs.

Financial Institutions:
Products:

Message 9 of 11
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

I don’t know how much simulators take the baddies into consideration. I checked a couple of different simulators and one (can’t remember which), I could enter the score that I wanted to achieve along with the time frame I wanted to achieve it by. That simulator told me that there was no scenario that I could possibly reach 670 in the next two years. I personally don’t believe that. Also, they give suggestions that don’t often make sense. I was using AZEO, my discover card reported a $7 balance. It suggested that I pay off $1 every month to lower credit card debt. The minimum payment due was $7 on my statement. The simulators never mention trying to pay off baddies or have them removed as a way of improving scores.

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.