Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft inquiry Question - Re: LexisNexis

tag
Lucid08
Regular Contributor

Soft inquiry Question - Re: LexisNexis

Hi again all!

I'm in the process of helping a friend of mine review her yearly CR's. I noticed on her Experian report that she had several*(8 total) "soft" inquiries from "LexisNexis Risk Solutions" during the month of Feb 2010, each being initiated by a different type of Insurance company. She didnt have any medical emergencies or accidents during this timeframe, so we're both wondering what reason or authority LexisNexis would have, that would allow them to be polling her data like this, as she has been opted out since early 2009.

Anyone got any information on this?

EQUIFAX - 640 1/05/12 - Goal of 720 by Mid May!
Transunion - 637 - 01/15/10
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Soft inquiry Question - Re: LexisNexis

Could be number of things. I'd say background screening/ pre-employment check.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Soft inquiry Question - Re: LexisNexis

@Lucid08 wrote:

Hi again all!

I'm in the process of helping a friend of mine review her yearly CR's. I noticed on her Experian report that she had several*(8 total) "soft" inquiries from "LexisNexis Risk Solutions" during the month of Feb 2010, each being initiated by a different type of Insurance company. She didnt have any medical emergencies or accidents during this timeframe, so we're both wondering what reason or authority LexisNexis would have, that would allow them to be polling her data like this, as she has been opted out since early 2009.

Anyone got any information on this?

If you've ever shopped insurance rates with another company they use Lexis/Nexis data to determine your rates.  When you ask for a quote, they go through Lexis/Nexis to pull your credit report before giving you the quote.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.