Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft pulls from existing creditors with locked reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft pulls from existing creditors with locked reports

I've read Synchrony can't soft pull your report when it's locked (or maybe just CS?). Is this the case for any other existing creditors? Another member has opined it may be the case with DCU, but they provide a credit score every month...so, that can't be the case, right? Then again, I thought Synchrony could provide a credit score, too; I've just never signed up for it. I just want to confirm there are no ill effects of having locked reports from existing creditors. Any insight is appreciated.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Soft pulls from existing creditors with locked reports

@Anonymous wrote:
I've read Synchrony can't soft pull your report when it's locked (or maybe just CS?). Is this the case for any other existing creditors? Another member has opined it may be the case with DCU, but they provide a credit score every month...so, that can't be the case, right? Then again, I thought Synchrony could provide a credit score, too; I've just never signed up for it. I just want to confirm there are no ill effects of having locked reports from existing creditors. Any insight is appreciated.

Existing creditors can still soft pull, even with the lock. What some will not do, like Synch, is give CLI while freeze/lock is in place. 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh, so Synch CAN pull they just won't do a CLI. It didn't make much sense to me why CS couldn't do a soft pull, but it's been stated over and over. That makes a little more sense.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a thread on that. They gave me CLIs but wanted me to unlock to go higher if I remember correctly.

I also have access to their scores.
Message 4 of 14
Medic981
Valued Contributor

The last week of June I went on a CLI spree with no denials and all three of my bureaus are locked.

Amex $12,000 to $20,000 for an $8,000 CLI

BoA $3,000 to $7,000 for a $4,000 CLI

Amazon/Synchrony $3,400 to $5,000 for a $1,600 CLI

Citi $5,000 to $6,500 for a $1,500 CLI

and Discover $3,000 to $3,300 for a whopping $300 CLI

for a grand total of $15,400 in CLIs

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought everyone could, it was Synchrony that was muddying up my understanding lol. Thanks everyone!
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, and then Saeren said something about that maybe being the case w DCU. I wanted to check the consensus.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t know about DCU but I know synchrony gave it to me while frozen and I get their scores while frozen, but if I wanted to go above a certain level they wanted me to unfreeze. But YMMV.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, and then Saeren said something about that maybe being the case w DCU. I wanted to check the consensus.

What I actually said is that you can’t get on demand SPs for new credit offers — try getting a prequal from Capital One with EQ on ice and you’ll see what I mean — and if DCU was indeed doing their prequalified offers in this manner, they would be unable to access your report. 

Message 9 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don’t know about DCU but I know synchrony gave it to me while frozen and I get their scores while frozen, but if I wanted to go above a certain level they wanted me to unfreeze. But YMMV.

Your lucky...cant get my FICO from the PP MC. Maybe its too young. All 3 frozen.

sync.JPG

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.