Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ssfcu what if you had a checking account go to collection but you paid it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ssfcu what if you had a checking account go to collection but you paid it

If I was with ssfcu, well parents and they had a checking account they over drafted and never paid till recently after it went to collection can they rejoin sssfcu
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: Ssfcu what if you had a checking account go to collection but you paid it

Don't mess with credit unions or banks. If they report you to ChexSystems you will have a really hard, if not impossible time, opening a new checking account at ANY other bank or credit union for at least 5 years. Yeah...It is really difficult living without a checking account.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ssfcu what if you had a checking account go to collection but you paid it

As much as I agree with your advice to not get on Chexsystems (or EWS, for that matter) it's not very hard these days to do just fine even if you have negative info on there. Plenty of online options that don't care the slightest about it. Green Dot, Chime, etc, as well as banks like One United, or CUs like PenFed that don't check.

ETA: I went through a period in the recent past of being on Chexsystems and EWS and getting a checking account was the least of my problems. I say that not to minimize the importance of maintaining a good relationship with the banking institutions we do business with, but to let people know that there are PLENTY of options out there for those unfortunate enough to be on Chex or EWS.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.