Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Started NFCU process help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Started NFCU process help

OK today i decided to start the joining NFCU process. I have tried to read as many threads as possible to get the ball rolling so i may have some questions along the way.

I guess im not eligible not being enlisted anymore so I went through the san diego council method. 

I did that portion on the 18th, I was reading about that NFCU couldn't verify some people so I waited a few days before submitting the application, which was today. 

I filled it out as instructed in the thread I located. With the application I also attached 2 paycheck stubs, a copy of my DL, a copy of my passport, the welcome email from NLUS, and a current electricity bill. 

So what can I except from here? also I guess im wondering if I am approved for the account I will then need to start the aplplication process for other things and this is where my confusion starts. CLOC, PLOC, CC etc. when do I start those applications? also is every application a new HP or will they all be under the same HP?

I'm trying to just make this a smooth as possible. Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Started NFCU process help

Did you email the application? You should of gotten an automated reply from the email. It usually says wait two days, but it doesn't hurt to call and ask for a status update. Once you're approved for membership, each application for a CC, CLOC, or any of their products is a separate HP. It's a Transunion HP for membership. I believe it's TU also for a CC and either TU or EQ for CLOC. Good luck!
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you email the application? You should of gotten an automated reply from the email. It usually says wait two days, but it doesn't hurt to call and ask for a status update. Once you're approved for membership, each application for a CC, CLOC, or any of their products is a separate HP. It's a Transunion HP for membership. I believe it's TU also for a CC and either TU or EQ for CLOC. Good luck!

no I faxed it in. It looked like that was the best method from reading the threads. Hope i alredy didn't mess up Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's fine also, but the best method would have probably been an email. At least with that you'd get a confirmation email of them receiving your application. It'll be easier for them to locate the application also via email. I'm not sure how they do it via fax. If you haven't yet, call them up and see if you could get a confirmation of them getting your application. If they haven't, wait a few days and call back. If you're lucky enough to get a very helpful CSR, they could find the app and push it through while you're on the phone. Some members have gotten lucky. It took me a few calls to finally get a hold of a CSR who was willing to push my application through. Don't be surprised if they tell you to send your IDs again. I literally had to do it three times. Lol
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That's fine also, but the best method would have probably been an email. At least with that you'd get a confirmation email of them receiving your application. It'll be easier for them to locate the application also via email. I'm not sure how they do it via fax. If you haven't yet, call them up and see if you could get a confirmation of them getting your application. If they haven't, wait a few days and call back. If you're lucky enough to get a very helpful CSR, they could find the app and push it through while you're on the phone. Some members have gotten lucky. It took me a few calls to finally get a hold of a CSR who was willing to push my application through. Don't be surprised if they tell you to send your IDs again. I literally had to do it three times. Lol

ok I called and they located it. She sent it over to the application department and said to call back on wednesday or friday. It typically takes 3-5 days. She seemed very helpful took a little bit for her to find it and get it forwarded on. thanks again. I want to get my fixed direct deposit moved ASAP. 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're doing great - all you need do at this point is sit back and wait for a HP on TU - once that happens you're in and can move immediately to setting up online banking, DD, and applying for any credit products (which will be a separate HP)

Cheers!

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

IM IN!!! 😍😍😍😍

Well I called and they lost my fax LOL, but the CSR said no worries and she gave me an email, She said as soon as you send it call back and we will have it set up in 10 minutes. I emailed everything to them, called back and got an alert they pulled TU. She came back on the phone and walked me through everything. Gave me all my account numbers, Helped me set up my online backing. Funded my account. I have my DD setup and we are rolling ☺️☺️

Now for the CLOC and CC? should I just wait on it. this put me at 29 INQ in the last 2 years and 12 in the last year. Smiley Sad

But Im now in with NFCU!!! 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow - I didnt sent in nearly that much documentation.  I filled out the application and sent only my DL and welcome letters from NLSD.   I figured once approved,  I can send in other stuff as needed.  I sent in what the list showed so hopefully that's all they need!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow - I didnt sent in nearly that much documentation.  I filled out the application and sent only my DL and welcome letters from NLSD.   I figured once approved,  I can send in other stuff as needed.  I sent in what the list showed so hopefully that's all they need!

Im just a 1 and done type person LOL. Didn't want any hiccups on anytype of verfication. I need my fixed DD to go into another CU. My current CU and I just cant seem to get along. Even the branch manager there told us pretty much upfront that they had no intrest in doing a home loan with us 4 years ago and we'd be better off going somewhere else for it as there rates aren't competitive. 

MY CU is really only good for auto rates, but she flipped a wig when she seem a 30K lowes card and had to get an override ffor an auto loan....

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent my app in just before noon on Weds.  Called this afternoon and while they did confirm it arrived, apps were taking 3-5 days to process.  Maybe I will get lucky and hear back  Monday.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.