cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Started/re-building credit history from 2018, What is your current CL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Started/re-building credit history from 2018, What is your current CL?

@800FICOGoal wrote:

Im focused on increasing my AAoA/AoYA which has a more profound effect on scores and scorecards.

What is AAoZ/AoYA???  

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Average Age of Accounts
Age of Youngest Account
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started in late 2017.  I caught the bug with Credit Karma...   My scores were in the lower 500s.  

I had 4 negative remarks but a LOT of credit and bad ratios:

• 3 past 30 days due to blatent oversight and not paying attention
  • 1 charge off 43.00 medical bill that I had forgotten about
  • A lot of new hard inquires - me trying for even more!  BAD move!
  • A BOATLOAD of credit cards and store cards!  ugh! - ratios were killing me!
  • Most all maxed out - killing me more!

I wanted more hard and factual info regaring my credit, so I moved to myFICO this year.  SO MUCH BETTER and real in my opinion and expereince.  Yes, I pay, but it's worth every penny to me now.  

It was interesting to watch my actions reflect directly within my credit.  What I noticed first is even the smallest little change seemed to elicit a change!

Then, I started making bigger changes... paying minimums on cards except for one and putting that into another card.  Things, then really started to change.   I also went with a service (be very careful here) and had a couple things removed, that helped a lot.  I'm not sure I would do that part again though. I'm still currently with that service, but will likely opt out of that and put THAT money into more payoffs.

Since 2017, I have paid off all the store credit, a credit union line of credit, and then started pounding other things.

As of March 2019 I ticked over into the 700s and only have 4 cards left!   I have a lot of options now and am looking to refi a car loan for a better interest rate.  I will also do a balance transfer on two of the cards to get a promo interest rate of 0% for 18mo and pay them off.  OPPOSED to the 19% im paying now. 

I NEVER thought "I" would EVER be writing about or quoting interest rates!  It never mattered to me and I just didn't pay attentiont to that. Wow! That's crazy!

Keep reading and keep learning... knowledge IS power in this game.  The more you know, the better decisions you can make.  This forum is very helpful and the people here have an abundant amount of great knowledge to take from!

All the best to you!  

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Started with a clean, empty file in March 2018 after living the cash life for over a decade. 

March 2018 - Approved for Capital One Platinum - SL $300, no score

March 2019-  8 personal cards totaling $15,350, 2 business cards totaling $6k, scores in the high 600s (down from the low 700s thanks to all the new account and INQS)

The rest of the year will be a slow one. There's really only 1 no-AF personal card I've got my eye on and one business card I'm looking into so most of 2019 will be spent in the garden and chasing SP CLIs.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.