Did you mean: 

Stinking AFNI - Removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stinking AFNI - Removed

I disputed 3 items with Equifax:

Bank loan - disputed amount of late payments
Sears - reported one 30 day late with a wrong account number, disputed as wrong account number
AFNI - was reporting 120 Days late, disputed as current/paid

Results:

Bank Loan - verified as accurate
Sears - fell off report
AFNI - fell off report

FAKO Score increased 44 points!

Sears also fell off my TU account. I'm on the phone with Sears now requesting that they report to TU and EQ as they are my oldest account (13 years) with a perfect history. They said it should be updated in about a week or two.

New FAKO scores below. As you can see, TU and EQ are much lower than EX, I think it has to do with Sears not reporting.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stinking AFNI - Removed

Congrats!
(hopefully Sears posts again - if it's an open account it will)

Amazing how we sometimes have to 'fix' the fixes... I disputed a tax lien reporting unpaid ad paid and ended up with 2 - one paid and one unpaid for the same amount, same dates, etc.... so I feel your pain.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea - I'll update if the change is as much as I'm hoping. It would help if my limit was more than a lousy $250.

Hopefully I'll have that changed later this year, though. I'd ask for a CLI now but with any luck I'll be a home owner within 30 days. Afraid to mess with my credit too much right now!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep on top of Sears and that re-posting. If the mortgage compny pulls another rpeort you could be in trouble without that account on it.
Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Shnapple, was AFNI a paid CA then you disputed it? I only have two major baddies left: AFNI and Verizon Wireless. Thinking about taking the plunge and offer a PFD.
Message 5 of 9
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

i had them in my cr . So i disputed them several times until they get sick of me & i get them out finally . Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

llecs wrote:
Shnapple, was AFNI a paid CA then you disputed it? I only have two major baddies left: AFNI and Verizon Wireless. Thinking about taking the plunge and offer a PFD.

Yea, I paid AFNI last year before I knew about PFDs. They were reporting on EQ different than the other two (120 days late vs closed/paid). So I disputed and it disappearead. I wouldn't swear that it's gone forever, but it's gone for now. Hopefully it will stay gone at least until I've got that mortgage.

Why wouldn't you go for the PFD? I don't see any harm since they're already on your reports!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
Keep on top of Sears and that re-posting. If the mortgage compny pulls another rpeort you could be in trouble without that account on it.

I'm not worried, it's an FHA loan so my score isn't too much of a factor. They've already pulled it once and know everything that is on there.
Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Shnapple wrote:

llecs wrote:

Yea, I paid AFNI last year before I knew about PFDs. They were reporting on EQ different than the other two (120 days late vs closed/paid). So I disputed and it disappearead. I wouldn't swear that it's gone forever, but it's gone for now. Hopefully it will stay gone at least until I've got that mortgage.

Why wouldn't you go for the PFD? I don't see any harm since they're already on your reports!

They never validated the DV and my balance (straight from Nextel) doesn't match their's. Hoping to catch them with a technicality, but that would mean ITS letters, MOV with CRAs, etc.

PFD is my last hope.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.